cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jayco Seismic

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
In my ongoing, everyday, obsessive compulsive search for our next toy hauler, I have learned quite a bit. Of course, I've been looking at the most popular brands out there and all their floorplans within a 200 miles radius: Fuzion, Raptor, Carbon, Impact, XLR, Vengeance, Elevation, Altitude, Work & Play, etc., etc., etc.

But we have a dealer maybe 20 miles from the house that carries Jayco Seismics. They have a 4112 and if its the same one I've been seeing, they've had it for quite awhile.

Just like this dealer and the others I've seen online, they are really proud of these things versus the other brands. I can find all kinds of models from the brands I listed earlier priced anywhere from $45,000-$75,000. But not with the Seismics. Virtually every dealer I've seen has their prices starting with a 9.

Is this because they are not showing a discount price like the other brands, not offering a discount price like the other brands, or are Jayco Seismics just that much more expensive?
20 REPLIES 20

JMT2
Explorer
Explorer
The KZ Venom V4020DQ front living room is a cool and new floorplan I have not seen before. The 20ft of cargo and folding wall is a really innovative idea too.

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
tinner12002 wrote:
jims1 wrote:
Seismic's slides and leveling are electric. That's the only downfall I see in their construction. Would rather have the hydraulic version.

Yes I agree...they use the swin-tec slide system even on their large slides...heard a lot of issues about having trouble getting large tec operated slides to work properly.

I've had both hydraulic and electric slides and front jacks. Never had an issue with either....ever. I've owned more 5ers with the electric and other than "slower, I've experienced no "downside to having the electric operated slides and landing gears.

The 4112 that I purchased has the garage A/C, ducted heat pump in living room area and ducted A/C in the bedroom, dish washer, residential fridge, 1800 watt inverter and micro wave/convection oven. Had slide cover put over bedroom slide out and living room slide out and the Winegard HD satellite installed. Also have Splendide vented washer/dryer combo....We purchased for retirement:).

Due to a stroke Aug. 19th, we haven't been camping in it yet, ( purchased Aug 12th.) but I'd bet I've had the longest PDI ever:).. Have spent quite a bit of time in it and found "Nickle-dime" issues and all have been fixed ... Truck has been hooked to it to check for level and the unit is still at the dealership... They have went "above and beyond" on taking care of us since my stroke.

Oh, also had 4 step Torklift Glowstep Revolution steps installed at main entry way. Torklift had approached me before my stroke and asked if I'd like to try them and all I had to do was report on install and send them pictures of install....then I had the stroke...the Torklift people are nothing but classy.. They sent steps to my dealer and paid everything... AND the steps are great for me with my weak left leg...far more stable than OEM steps to go up and down, ( just tossed this out as an extra tidbit of information :))

We've had slides in and out quite a bit, ran the Onan 5.5K gen set, and ran everything in the 5er and it seems like a quality build TH.

The slides aren't what I consider large slides except for living room, so don't know about reported type slide issues posted here, but will find out. We looked at A LOT of different TH's and this one stood out to my wife and I, and this dealership is the best I've ever dealt with, ( Miles RV in Fletcher NC). A Jayco only dealership, except for their truck campers.

Really looking forward to being able to go camping again.
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

taken
Explorer
Explorer
You're lucky you see any at all. The only one seen up here in the northeast is mine...LOL. Merry Christmas...
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
tinner12002 wrote:
I like the looks of the new Venom by KZ, seems to have a lot of good features.
As for now, I'm holding out for a new 4100 Weekend Warrior, lots of great features also.

Here in the NC area, we rarely see a KZ toy hauler like an Inferno. They're just not that popular. I know they're great haulers. Just not common here.

We virtually NEVER see a Weekend Warrior. Unless someone is just passing through on I-40 or I-95.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I like the looks of the new Venom by KZ, seems to have a lot of good features.
As for now, I'm holding out for a new 4100 Weekend Warrior, lots of great features also.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
jims1 wrote:
Seismic's slides and leveling are electric. That's the only downfall I see in their construction. Would rather have the hydraulic version.

Yes I agree...they use the swin-tec slide system even on their large slides...heard a lot of issues about having trouble getting large tec operated slides to work properly.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

taken
Explorer
Explorer
The dealer never tells people about it and the form is often "missing" from the paperwork when you pick up the RV. They'd much rather make profit on selling one of their warranty products.
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
taken wrote:
I wonder if KZ still offers it now that they are owned by Thor?

Their new Venom line says 2-year limited warranty. I assume the Venoms replaced the Infernos.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
taken wrote:
That is a plus indeed. I know you're considering XLR as well and one thing to note on FR products is they offer a low cost second year warranty if your interested. $250 for the second year of complete coverage. You have 6 months to sign up for it. Some of the less expensive FR brands only charge $150 for the second year.

I did not know that. I'm almost positive I'd do that if we do get an XLR. We're also looking at the Vengeance Touring Editions so that's great to know.

taken
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if KZ still offers it now that they are owned by Thor?
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Another plus to Jayco is they still have a 2 year factory warranty.

That has always been one of the first things that came to mind with Jayco and KZ campers. Always spoke volumes to me because it appears they're more confident in their build quality.

jims1
Explorer
Explorer
Volvo dually Pickup
DRV Memphis
Me, Alie, and Salie
Fulltiming

taken
Explorer
Explorer
That is a plus indeed. I know you're considering XLR as well and one thing to note on FR products is they offer a low cost second year warranty if your interested. $250 for the second year of complete coverage. You have 6 months to sign up for it. Some of the less expensive FR brands only charge $150 for the second year.
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

Y-Guy
Another plus to Jayco is they still have a 2 year factory warranty.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon