cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone cougar

Blanch
Explorer
Explorer
A group of us went to the Cleveland RV show over the weekend. One of the friends is interested in the Keystone Cougar. I remember some bad stories dealing with Thor and Keystone. Can anyone shed some light on them? Thanks
03 DMax CC Short bed Pewter
02 305 Jayco 30' BH
Husky Underbed slide hitch with Prodigy Brake
great wife two daughters and one boy
Sadie, the family's golden retriever
22 REPLIES 22

kzspree320
Explorer
Explorer
We had about a 2003 Cougar for a few years. It was pretty much problem free and we liked it. Good luck. Keith

NWKomfort350
Explorer
Explorer
We love our Cougar. Had it for 2 years now. We have spent approximately 90 nights in it, and traveled close to 8,000 miles.
Chris & Stephanie
2 kids - 1 boy / 1 girl
Winston (boxer)
2016 Open Range Roamer 367BHS
13 F350 6.7 CREW LONG BED SRW
B & W Patriot

02 F350 7.3 SC LB SRW - SOLD
2014 Keystone Cougar 281BHS - SOLD

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
I've never owned a Cougar but......

I believe they are the #1 selling brand for many past years so there are a A LOT of them out there. As such, you are more likely to hear the horror stories that occur with any RV manufacturer. Reading a couple of internet stories of 1 person with a bad unit wouldn't sway me in the slightest.

Buying an RV from any of the mainstream manufacturers and their related price points is a bit of a "roll of the dice." I have to think Keystone (manufacturer of Cougar) were turning out lemon after lemon they wouldn't be selling as many trailers as they are. Fwiw.... I'm currently shopping for a new trailer and some Cougars are pretty high up my list.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
I see Cougars everywhere around our area. I know someone who has one and they've been very pleased. Good unit.

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2008 318 SAB and upgraded to a 2013 333MKS. They both had minor problems but both prove(d) to be good values.
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I have had 2 Keystone TT's with good success! Generally, Cougars are a pretty good camper. Lots of folks in Indiana have them. When camping, I've never heard anyone complain about anything with them. Their owners seems to really like them.

MinnCamper
Explorer
Explorer
All manufacturers have issues. I've had two Keystone products with no issues. Good luck

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2005 Cougar and it served us well. It was a short model 28', belive it was the 254 which there were few of. It had a a 2800 lb. cargo capacity which was great. Really built well I thought. So when the time came last year to replace we looked at the Cougars first. Was really, really disappointed in how the quality had dropped from the '05. Easily could tell how Keystone has cheaped them up. We ended up with another brand.