cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone does it again!!!!

Steve_O_Reno
Explorer
Explorer
While doing the pre trip prep on the hauler and re screwing and nailing down everything that fell off from the last 100 mile trip I heard a chirp. Found the CO2 detector was bad. No big deal off to the RV store and found out these have a 10 year life span. Well mine says replace in 2012. My trailer is a 2010 so that means they put in a 7 year old part!!!!!! I already replaced the LP that was out of date before the trailer build out. The CO2 detector btw was 110 bucks. What a sad and shameful way to run a company
18 REPLIES 18

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Steve O Reno wrote:
While doing the pre trip prep on the hauler and re screwing and nailing down everything that fell off from the last 100 mile trip I heard a chirp. Found the CO2 detector was bad. No big deal off to the RV store and found out these have a 10 year life span. Well mine says replace in 2012. My trailer is a 2010 so that means they put in a 7 year old part!!!!!! I already replaced the LP that was out of date before the trailer build out. The CO2 detector btw was 110 bucks. What a sad and shameful way to run a company

No disrespect. I believe every word of your post. I just don't understand how that old detector got there.

Are all the detectors in their build inventory 7 years old?

It just doesn't make sense. A year or two maybe, but seven years? WOW

Did they sit on the shelf that long or did they buy them cheap because of the age?
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Y-Guy
I know your out of Warranty so you won't get any help, but I'd sure be inclined to sent the CEO of Thor that bit of information. I won't say all of Keystone is run like that but, but sure does make you wonder.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
Mine went out first year. Got one under warranty. However, they discontinued the model I had, so sent me the new model, which is smaller! Hard to fit in a larger hole in the wall!

I am going to have to cut a piece of wood, screw that to the wall, and put a smaller hole in that!

Nice.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
To them, QA stands for Quantity Assurance, not Quality Assurance.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)