cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lifetime sealed bearings on Cedar Creek

Dale_Slim
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2009 39 foot Cedar Creek 5th wheel with 5 slides. It has lifetime sealed bearings on Lippert 7,000 pound axles. The bearings are shot. I contacted Lippert they told me that that I would be charged $735.00 for 1 axle and they would give me the 2nd 1 free and I would have to pay shipping of $167.00. This tells me they have a problem. You can't buy the replacement bearing any where no longer made. Shouldn't Lippert stand the expense on the 2 axles since the bearings had a lifetime warranty??
10 REPLIES 10

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
The newer lube axles warenty was 5 years, and was soposed to check for play yearly.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

Denny___Jami
Explorer
Explorer
They are never lub not never replace, I replaced my first set at 7 years and have new ones agian because I changed to disk brakes and new bearings came with the rotors. But I have Dexter axles not Lipert but I can't believe that they aren't the same bearing, my are 50mm.

Denny
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 gears Air Lifts
2003 HitchHiker Premier 35FKTG 215/75/17.5 Goodyear G114 Tires

Irelands_child
Explorer
Explorer
Since Lippert now is the 'proud' owner of Dexter Axle, I suspect that those wheel bearings are the fail prone Nevr-Lube but with a different name. There are two versions of that crappy bearing, 42mm and 50mm with of course the 42mm being the weaker - and exactly the same capsulized piece of junk that many, much lighter automobiles use world wide. The permanent fix is to contact Dexter, not Lippert, and discuss with them as to how they can help you with a new pair of E-Z Lube axles (the Nevr-Lube axles cannot be retrofitted). Yep, it will cost you some pretty steep bucks, but peace of mind passing through West Overshoe, Middle of the USA is well worth that outlay. To the detractors that say they have never had a problem, just wait. Keep your trailer long enough, you will.

Nevr Lube's - about to fail:

Replacement E-Z Lubes - notice a LOT more area for bearings vs 1-3/8" for the other:

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Life Time Warrantees always puzzle me. "Life time" of the purchaser or "life time" of the product, which can be very short.? :@

By the way, someone recently posted on the Northwood RV Owners forum about having two sealed bearing failures on their Dexter axils.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Call Cedar Creek and explain very nicely to them what has happened and ask politely if there's anything they may do to assist.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

byronlj
Explorer
Explorer
You should only have to replace the never lube bearings, not the axles. Why are they shot? It is unusual for all 4 to go at once.
Dave
byronlj
2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800RL

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
😮

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
For less than that you should be able to get two axles complete less brakes.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what your warranty specifies but that sounds like a king's ransom just for bearings.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE