cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Light switches

Arctic_fox_Can
Explorer
Explorer
Folks help please. A friend of mine bought a 2008 Fleetwood Quantum 315 RKSA 5th wheel. At the door there is multiple light witches. The top row is a 3 switch bank. They light up when activated but we are unable to determine what these switches actually control. Any help would be soooo much appreciated.We think we have all the rest figured out.
17 REPLIES 17

Arctic_fox_Can
Explorer
Explorer
So mystery solved. Yes they are tank warmers. Had to track it all down thru the fuse box. I am betting both grey tanks and the fresh tank are wrapped and the poop tank will not be since you would not really want that warmed up.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Arctic fox Can wrote:
Unfortunately Fleetwood/Terry has gone out of the 5th wheel business and gone strictly to coach units. They have not been able to help so far.

Stupid that mfrs don't archive material like this. I had some questions about my Komfort 3-4 years ago and they couldn't/wouldn't answer them. Hell, I was trying to find a small, plastic trim piece that goes in the hole where the spare tire crank handle goes through and they had NO clue to what I was talking about, let alone actually have the part. This was on a 6 y.o. FW...

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Byrogie
Explorer
Explorer
Those type of switches on our trailer are for outside lights. They light red to remind you when you are inside. We have 2, porch light and scare light.

mitchw
Explorer
Explorer
My second 5th wheel was a KZ. I found several switches hidden in cabinets and didn't have a clue. Finally figured out they were slide out safety switches. Once the slides were in or out if you flipped these switches they would not let the slides be operated from the control panel. You might check this and see if that may be situation you have on your Fleetwood.

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Those are some unusual switches (I copied and pasted your pic). I hope someone can help you out with those.

Isn't it grand when manufacturers don't bother to mark switches? (sarcasm)
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

Arctic_fox_Can
Explorer
Explorer
Ok here is a picture of the switches. It is the three red ones at the top. We can't figure out what they are for.

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
A pic would help.

We had 2 switches that the dealer didn't know what they did.

Found out they were speaker switches for the bedroom and outside.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
donn0128 wrote:
Lighted 12 volt switches usually mean a water heater on switch. With water in the tank, and gas in, turn the switch on and see if the WH attempts to fire.

Just saw AF in his tagline
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Arctic_fox_Can
Explorer
Explorer
Donn.
The water heater switch is located in the kitchen on his unit and that works. And amazingly enough it is labeled. Unlike these switches. I should maybe take a picture and post that to help in my quest. Thanks

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lighted 12 volt switches usually mean a water heater on switch. With water in the tank, and gas in, turn the switch on and see if the WH attempts to fire.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
agesilaus wrote:
Call up Arctic Fox and ask them if you don't get an answer here.

Why would the OP call Northwood with questions on a Fleetwood product?

Arctic_fox_Can
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately Fleetwood/Terry has gone out of the 5th wheel business and gone strictly to coach units. They have not been able to help so far.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
my bet it's tank heaters

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
I think you are correct in that they are for tank warming pads. I have seen this in many units over the years.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes