cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Live in CA, like the Stealth 21' TH.but?

shepcal
Explorer
Explorer
Seems to be 108" wide. Some say must get a special permit in CA. Anyone know for sure???
Thanks, Shep
5 REPLIES 5

christopherglen
Explorer
Explorer
per federal DOT awnings, ladders, lights, mirrors, aerodynamics, etc don't count in width or length measurements. It is the "cargo" area only. * The laws were written for truckers, not rv's BUT it is all there is.
2007 Chevrolet 3500 CC/LB Duramax/Dually 4X4 Mine r4tech, Reese Signature Series 18k +slider, duratrac, Titan 62 gallon, diamond eye, Cheetah 64
2011 Keystone Fusion 405 TrailAir & Triglide, Centerpoint, gen-turi, 3 PVX-840T, XANTREX FREEDOM SW3012, G614

shepcal
Explorer
Explorer
Appreciate all the replies. Actually have a friend in AZ is looking at a new one. I googled it and really like the floorplan for the 21'er. $26K tho; Going to have to make my 16' Fun Runner last.

souraider
Explorer
Explorer
On mine the box width is just under 102". If you count the accessories such as awning and ladder then it might be be over 107". The ladder is retractable so it lies flush to the side.

I don't know the CA. law, but I would think that 107 applies to the actual box size.

I actually purchased my Stealth in California. Where are you looking to buy?
'17 F350 STX 6.7
'15 Stealth WA2313
'20 Can Am Maverick Sport 1000R

sin_cal_hd
Explorer
Explorer
shepcal wrote:
Seems to be 108" wide. Some say must get a special permit in CA. Anyone know for sure???
Thanks, Shep

If that width is with the ladder attached or with wider fenders you will be ok. The 102" is usually box, cargo, or wall width. What I mean is if the ladder sticks out that extra 6" you're good.
2015 2500 Ram Mega Cab 4x4
2017 Wolf pack 325
Wife and 2 little boys
2 golden retriever pups

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
You are good to go as Stealth toyhaulers are 8'6" or 102 inches which is the maximum legal width of a travel trailer.