cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookin for FW w/ kitchen on drive side& windows on camp side

MN_Ben
Explorer
Explorer
This is hard to do as most of the kitchens seem to be located curbside. There is no real simple search that gogle can provide results. I tried searching this site as well but that does not work so well either.
We want windows/seating on the campsite side so we are not watching our neighbors all the time like we do now. So it seems like if the rigs have the kitchen on the drivers side, the nice big windows end up on the camp side.
I am not looking for the new rigs. I am looking in the 2000-2008 year range. I was hoping to keep the budget below $8k. Going too old and the bed room needs to be crawled into.
So far I have found a 2006 Keystone Cougar 309 EFS.
Any suggestions for me?
Looking for...
used
curb side seating to see the campsite
able to stand in bedroom.

MNBen
2006 F350 Dually PSD
2008 Keystone Laredo 29RL 5th Wheel

2002 F250 7.3 PSD -SOLD
2004 Lance 1130 -SOLD
2005 Lance 981 -SOLD
2000 Lance 1010-SOLD
199? Texan 650 -SOLD
Ford FX4 Ranger -SOLD
26 REPLIES 26

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Grand Design 337 RLS Reflection and our kitchen on drivers side a nice big window at dining table looking out at campsite. Check them out!! Very nice unit!!We love ours!! Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
MN Ben wrote:
This is hard to do as most of the kitchens seem to be located curbside. There is no real simple search that gogle can provide results. I tried searching this site as well but that does not work so well either.
We want windows/seating on the campsite side so we are not watching our neighbors all the time like we do now. So it seems like if the rigs have the kitchen on the drivers side, the nice big windows end up on the camp side.
I am not looking for the new rigs. I am looking in the 2000-2008 year range. I was hoping to keep the budget below $8k. Going too old and the bed room needs to be crawled into.
So far I have found a 2006 Keystone Cougar 309 EFS.
Any suggestions for me?
Looking for...
used
curb side seating to see the campsite
able to stand in bedroom.

MNBen

We had a 2006 Coachman Chaparral that had the kitchen on the camp site side, we traded it in one our new 5th, the old trailer was gone/sold in 4 days ...

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
One of the things both DW and like about the Rear kitchen, mid entry is NO TRAFFIC through the kitchen!!
Mid kitchen, mid entry all traffic passes through the kitchen.

Many don't like rear kitchens because of the bouncing, well we put on the lippert shock Kits about three years ago, the ride was great for the first couple years, then it started to get a little sloppy. I was installing the wet bolts about this time and did some push/pull test on the shocks, we at least two were pretty weak! Replaced all with Monroe 555001's and now this package is riding real smooth again.

Russ
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

outlaw85
Explorer
Explorer
When you say curb side seating, based on the 2006 Keystone Cougar 309, it's the dinette you want? With the bigger windows on the curb side?

Ours is out of your year range but I've actually come to really like the rear kitchen (living room/kitchen floor plan is very close to rhagfo's). Especially if you can get the door in front of the axles (I've looked at a lot where it's after).

Since islands weren't all the rage then, you get a lot of extra floor space making it have a roomier feeling.

One thing to try in your searches, adding the tag of RK, RL.. etc with the year. I did with with 2005 RK and RL and got some results. Also, when you say able to stand in bedroom. What is the head height your looking for? In ours I can stand but about half way back I have to duck or tilt my head. I'm not sure what year it started or additional costs with it or if the name changes from one manufacturer to another, but you can search for 'high profile' which is nice for people over 6'.

Depending on plans for using the 5er, you could completely flip the layout and look for FL (front living rooms) although these are usually on newer bigger models which also means high price tags. Having the bedroom in the rear will give you more head room though.

Hope this helps some,
Outlaw
2006 F350 DRW Towboss 6.0PSD
2011 Keystone Laredo 321BH
RIP-1997 Damon Challenger 30 RK

MN_Ben
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
I am a little lost on your thought here??
#1. You want a big window on the camp side,YES in the living space YES or the Kitchen NO??

#2. You want a drivers side kitchen, YES is this so the cook can look out the Big window on the Passenger side??

It looks as if you have a rear kitchen, which is an option that may work for us. Thank you for the recommendation and I hope I cleared up your lost thoughts above. It is sometimes hard for me to relay my thoughts on paper/posts.
BTW, I cant WAIT to get to Oregon!
2006 F350 Dually PSD

2002 F250 7.3 PSD -SOLD
2004 Lance 1130 -SOLD
2005 Lance 981 -SOLD
2000 Lance 1010-SOLD
199? Texan 650 -SOLD
Ford FX4 Ranger -SOLD

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am a little lost on your thought here??
#1. You want a big window on the camp side, in the living space or the Kitchen??

#2. You want a drivers side kitchen, is this so the cook can look out the Big window on the Passenger side??

I have what you want, but not exactly.

This is the passenger side with a BIG, living room window, and a large kitchen window.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

MN_Ben
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
Go to rvtrader.com. Select 5th wheel for the search and put in your max price in the filter. Then look at all that come up. Many times they show the actual floor plan. Sometimes you have to look at the pictures to determine which side the kitchen is on. But you should be able to find a number of 5ers with that kitchen location.

Yep, I have been doing that. Many times over. When I log into their site it reads, "you again!" I have a few saved searches from doing this.

Thanks for the suggestion.
2006 F350 Dually PSD

2002 F250 7.3 PSD -SOLD
2004 Lance 1130 -SOLD
2005 Lance 981 -SOLD
2000 Lance 1010-SOLD
199? Texan 650 -SOLD
Ford FX4 Ranger -SOLD

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Go to rvtrader.com. Select 5th wheel for the search and put in your max price in the filter. Then look at all that come up. Many times they show the actual floor plan. Sometimes you have to look at the pictures to determine which side the kitchen is on. But you should be able to find a number of 5ers with that kitchen location.

Itching2go
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gotcha, and thanks for the clarification/confirmation. Might try looking at a 2000 - 2004 Cedar Creek. Our first one was a 2002 with the kitchen on the driver's side. Good quality rigs that should still be in good shape if reasonably maintained. If you can find one, it would likely be in your target price range.
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLSA pulled by a 2007 Chevy 3500 D/A SRW

MN_Ben
Explorer
Explorer
Itching2go wrote:
Perhaps I'm not understanding your post, but from what I've seen, the great majority of kitchens on 5th wheels are on the driver's side, opposite the entry door, and with rear kitchens coming in as second most common. In either case, you would have windows overlooking the campsite. As I think of it, I don't recall ever seeing a layout with the kitchen on the campsite side, although there's probably one out there somewhere. Is this what you are looking for?

The older rigs in the price range I'm looking at, and the early 2000 year, most seem to have the kitchen on the camp site side with a tiny window out the campsite side. The dinette and/or seating is usually on a slid out the drivers side.

Thanks for your comment as others are probably confused as well.
2006 F350 Dually PSD

2002 F250 7.3 PSD -SOLD
2004 Lance 1130 -SOLD
2005 Lance 981 -SOLD
2000 Lance 1010-SOLD
199? Texan 650 -SOLD
Ford FX4 Ranger -SOLD

P3driver
Explorer
Explorer
I have a keystone Laredo with that layout. It also has a outdoor kitchen which my lady just loves. Took it on its maiden voyage last week and had zero issues. I'm very pleased so far with this unit.
2017 F350, 6.7L.
Keystone Laredo 325RL

Itching2go
Explorer II
Explorer II
Perhaps I'm not understanding your post, but from what I've seen, the great majority of kitchens on 5th wheels are on the driver's side, opposite the entry door, and with rear kitchens coming in as second most common. In either case, you would have windows overlooking the campsite. As I think of it, I don't recall ever seeing a layout with the kitchen on the campsite side, although there's probably one out there somewhere. Is this what you are looking for?
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLSA pulled by a 2007 Chevy 3500 D/A SRW