cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for opinions, good or bad, on Forest River Wildcats

MGood777
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are getting very close to buying a gently used 2013 Forest River Wildcat Maxx 313RE. I think back east they are called Wildcat and out west here they are called Wildcat Maxx, but I think that basically the line is the same. Would love to hear about anybody's experiences, good or bad, with the quality of the trailer, fit & finish, recurring problems, anything at all. Thanks in advance for any input! --Mike in Sacramento, CA
22 REPLIES 22

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I went into a dealer a few weeks ago when camping. We fell in love with the 295RSX. We sold our travel trailer and were on the hunt to find one closer. We ended up at an Open Range dealer and walked into a 311FLR that made the Maxx look cheap!! We went back and looked at many other units just to be sure and ended up in the FLR. Out of the 4 trailers we have had so far this is the first I have never said "I wish we had???"

Chris
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Quad cab
B&W 20K turnover ball, Proline custom flatbed
Tekonsha P3
2015 Open Rang Light 311FLR

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
When we were looking for a new fiver earlier this year, we looked at a 2012 and 2014 used Wildcat. Both has signs of water leakage around the slides.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I have worked on and have owned a FR products and wouldn't buy one or take one if it was free.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
You will hear good, you will hear bad on ANY make/manufacturer. Check on the Wildcat forum and also on the FROG (Forest River Owners Group) and see what kind of responses you will get or look at the responses you can find already posted.

Wildcat Forum

FROG forums
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I put them in the same category as the FLAGSTAFF and COUGAR versions... They all look identical on the inside...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
not a Maxx...but I have a 2015 Wildcat 317RL

Couple of small leaks fixed, rear camera/clearance light and one bed room window. I've been in several long down pours since with no more leaks. The dealer I bought it from re-seals all windows...so this may have helped prevent any issues.

I have the BAL frame with 16" Maxxis tire.

So far I'm very happy with the unit...lot of features for the money.
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

2008Wildcat
Explorer
Explorer
Had one, wouldn't buy another one.

Leaked like a sieve.

Friends bought also (we ordered 3 at the same time) and every one had delam and leaks.
2013 Columbus 320RS
2011 RAM 3500 Outdoorsman SRW 6.7 Cummins- tweaked!

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like any other towable RV the big worries are tires and suspension. Namely the plastic bushings Lippert uses. Replace them with a wet bolt kit, and if 16 inch wheels, install a decent quality LT tire. Fit and finish? Not sure. I have heard stories that the Dallas,OR plant has had QC issues, but no worse than any other RV mfg. Look it over really close, and make your best deal. Might be able to negotiate new tires in the deal.