cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mammoth Lakes

mustangglp
Explorer
Explorer
I am planing a trip to mammoth lakes the first or second week of august and would your guys opinion on camping and anything else i need to know about ?

1 Must able to ride from camp
2 would like to do some fishing near the campground
3 would like to dump or stay at a ohv friendly campground with either hook ups or a dump station for the last night so I can dump for the drive home.
4 Any OHV friendly business like restaurants or whatever ( we prefer to patronize businesses that support our hobby )

It looks like Deadmans creek campground would be my first choice how much room is for my trailer? followed by Glass creek or big springs?
how crowded will they like be if i get there on a friday night? would prefer to get there thursday depending on work
I've been to mammoth but not Atv riding or towing a 5th wheel
Thanks Gary
Gary
19 REPLIES 19

Y-Guy
BobWanderer wrote:
Things are so tight they use a forklift to park your trailer.

Really? That's a first, never heard of that being done at campground, wild.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
fly-boy wrote:
Brown's Owen's River Campground

PLUS ONE
2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
guidry wrote:
Silver Lake Resort near June lake is a great campground, you can walk across the street to fish then eat at their restaurant if you like. There's a store there too that has fishing gear if you need. It's also near other lakes where there is good fishing.

Can't ride your off road stuff from there.

Easy walk to the lake for fishing, but I was a little disappointed in the camp site size, way too close to thy neighbors for sure. Things are so tight they use a forklift to park your trailer.
It was a very nice and clean place to stay, just not my style.
2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer
Brown's Owen's River Campground
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Silver Lake Resort near June lake is a great campground, you can walk across the street to fish then eat at their restaurant if you like. There's a store there too that has fishing gear if you need. It's also near other lakes where there is good fishing.