cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May have to build swivel wheel trailer for 5th wheel

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a 1976 Harley Davidson 4 wheel 36V electric golf cart that we keep at a RV resort an hour from the house in the summer. It was not something that I want to haul to Arizona in the winter with me.

The park here has 22 miles of roads inside the 400 acre park, and it is ten minutes at the 5 mph speed limit to the gate and back to let guest in.

So I have been looking for a newer gas cart and Thursday night during my 69 birthday party, I got an email that the seller excepted my offer for this cart.

It is a very lightly used 1999 Yamaha G16A and has never been on a golf course. Was used 10-20 times at a gun range when new and then stored for years on the trailer in the background. I am going to sell the Featherlite 4.5x8' all aluminum trailer, as Washington and Oregon do not allow triple towing. Or use its deck to make the swivel wheel trailer.

It was an estate sale, and price was to good to pass up. Seller even gave me the four OEM wheels and tires. And someone is coming this morning to look at the HD cart.

Now I have a cart that I could tool around in style at our Arizona RV Resort! Just have to figure out how to get it back and forth.

Have the flip/flop rear seat, light kit and 5 panel mirror on order.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021
23 REPLIES 23

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
AHH the swivel-wheel trailer topic,,,I actually bought all the parts exept for the swivel axles but after a blow-out last spring on the fiver' Frau Blücher doesn't wanna' tow nothing behind us with small tires so i'm buying a cart and leaving it there. I've been told by several people who presently double-tow that as long as it's not or looks "hillbilly engeneerred" the fuzz won't bother you unless you get some "eager beaver" llokin' to write tickets. Heres some links for ya'Click These guys sell the swivel wheel axles and they give you build instructions as well as links to parts from Northern tools. Please document your build with pics so we can all see how you made out.
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blücher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

cabanaman
Explorer
Explorer
I built one for my scooters and it worked just fine. The scooters not so well so sold them. I used the parts list from swivelwheel.com.
Retired Navy
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab 6.7 cummins,6 speed auto,exhaust brake. Emissions removed.
2007 Open Road 378SA4S-5,equa-flex and morryde X factor,wet bolt kit,michelin ltx M/S 2 tires

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
mountainkowboy wrote:
I'm going to build my own swivel wheel trailer.....IMO they just want to much money for a new one. I've sourced the parts and have an old 4'x 8' utility trailer to add the wheels to. Not bringing a golf cart but have a touring bike that we like to bring along..........nothing like sightseeing on 2 wheels!

Link to parts??? Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to build my own swivel wheel trailer.....IMO they just want to much money for a new one. I've sourced the parts and have an old 4'x 8' utility trailer to add the wheels to. Not bringing a golf cart but have a touring bike that we like to bring along..........nothing like sightseeing on 2 wheels!
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

mpfireman
Explorer
Explorer
What about those electric scooters? Only draw back is, there usually are one seaters. You are the perfect candidate for a toy hauler, as it would solve your hauling problem's.
1998.5 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Cummins
1998 Sunnybrook 27RKFS Fiver

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gold Canyon in the East Valley! The lots at 40 wide and 55 feet deep and you are allowed to keep a small trailer on the site. I would just leave the swivel wheel attached as a work bench for my BBQ, RC airplanes and RC race trucks. If I thought I could get away with triple towing I would just put a hitch on our 29' Cardinal, people claim they do it without a problem all over the country.

Chris

mayo30
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
mayo30 wrote:
For what it is going to cost to build or buy something to get your cart south,buy one there and leave it there.Use the trailer money as seed money.I am sure you can buy a good used one for the cost of trying to get this one back and forth.

Problem is I have nowhere to store a cart in Arizona when we are not there.

Chris
Where are you going to park the trailer down south when you unload the cart.Carts take up very little room,take off the top and put a low rider tarp on it,check around I am sure you will find storage for free or next to it.What area in Arizona?

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
mayo30 wrote:
For what it is going to cost to build or buy something to get your cart south,buy one there and leave it there.Use the trailer money as seed money.I am sure you can buy a good used one for the cost of trying to get this one back and forth.

Problem is I have nowhere to store a cart in Arizona when we are not there.

Chris

mayo30
Explorer
Explorer