cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

me again on tow max

thesenator
Explorer
Explorer
les schwab tells me they sell thousand no problem. why me? thanks for the come back on last post still fighting with schawb. I drive at about 60 never overload always ck pressure. also who handels maxxis
18 REPLIES 18

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
larry barnhart wrote:
ReneeG wrote:
gkainz wrote:
I'm having my Maxxis M8008 ST225/75R15D installed today at Discount Tire. I ordered them from RealDealTires last week.

Replacing 5 year old TowMax tires - mostly worn out at 11,600 miles. Not great miles out of them, but at least no blowouts.

This is great "mileage" on TowMaxx! Just proves that the more you drive on a set, the longer they will last. It's usually the sitting for long periods, exposure to the elements, et. that really affects them.

5 years and 11600 miles is what I would call sitting.

chevman

Pretty much all "local" weekend camping in and around Colorado, with the exception of a Yellowstone trip and a Lake Havasu trip. I'm still tied to a desk in an office for a while longer.
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
gkainz wrote:
I'm having my Maxxis M8008 ST225/75R15D installed today at Discount Tire. I ordered them from RealDealTires last week.

Replacing 5 year old TowMax tires - mostly worn out at 11,600 miles. Not great miles out of them, but at least no blowouts.

This is great "mileage" on TowMaxx! Just proves that the more you drive on a set, the longer they will last. It's usually the sitting for long periods, exposure to the elements, et. that really affects them.

5 years and 11600 miles is what I would call sitting.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
gkainz wrote:

2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer

'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
NC Hauler wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:
thesenator wrote:
les schwab tells me they sell thousand no problem. why me? thanks for the come back on last post still fighting with schawb. I drive at about 60 never overload always ck pressure. also who handels maxxis
Do a search on this or any other website..Is it possible good old Les Schwab is full of baloney in the interest of making money??

B.O.

I get that impression B.O. Doesn't sound like a place I want to get my tires from more than several things I've read about them...

Chris;, why not the RIBS or Duravis R250 tire?(think that is tire you normally recommend in a 'E' rated tire). OP has 'E" rated tires, correct?

Because LS is going to exchange them!!!! They do the Gladiator thing, they will not swap a much more expensive tire in for him. The all steel one is only 10 bucks more than the poly one. He will not need the 110 lbs inflation.

And I do not know why he need to threads on the same subject!!!!

Chris

My bad, didn't catch the replacement part of it...Was also wondering why two threads on the same topic...

Thanks buddy:)
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
NC Hauler wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:
thesenator wrote:
Do a search on this or any other website..Is it possible good old Les Schwab is full of baloney in the interest of making money??

B.O.

I get that impression B.O. Doesn't sound like a place I want to get my tires from more than several things I've read about them...

Chris;, why not the RIBS or Duravis R250 tire?(think that is tire you normally recommend in a 'E' rated tire). OP has 'E" rated tires, correct?

Because LS is going to exchange them!!!! They do the Gladiator thing, they will not swap a much more expensive tire in for him. The all steel one is only 10 bucks more than the poly one. He will not need the 110 lbs inflation.

And I do not know why he need to threads on the same subject!!!!

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
thesenator wrote:

B.O.

Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
thesenator wrote:

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
thesenator wrote:
thanks for the reply. I think iam going to tell them (LES SCHWAB) I want gladiator 14 ply. the size is LT235/85R16/14. they sell them and service them there 30 dollars more each. I feel they should swap them out for all the trouble ive been through. making me go have my alignment checked( 400 dollars not needed) which was done by ALL WHEEL ALIGMENT in redding calif. they are GREAT.also they found locking nut on all 4 wheel not tight. SCHWAB just did a 700 dollar bearing job. my 5er is a 2010 wildcat dry weight 101292 cargo 3289.i always run with tank empty and carry very little cargo. running down the highway never over 60. any comments before I go back in jump up and down

You want the QR35-TR(AS), as it is the (A)ll (S)teel, or steel carcass ply one. The one without the AS is a poly ply carcass offering.

http://simpletire.com/gladiator-qr35-tr-astrailer-service-tires

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

thesenator
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the reply. I think iam going to tell them (LES SCHWAB) I want gladiator 14 ply. the size is LT235/85R16/14. they sell them and service them there 30 dollars more each. I feel they should swap them out for all the trouble ive been through. making me go have my alignment checked( 400 dollars not needed) which was done by ALL WHEEL ALIGMENT in redding calif. they are GREAT.also they found locking nut on all 4 wheel not tight. SCHWAB just did a 700 dollar bearing job. my 5er is a 2010 wildcat dry weight 101292 cargo 3289.i always run with tank empty and carry very little cargo. running down the highway never over 60. any comments before I go back in jump up and down

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
Can you put on LTs? I've tried going to higher weight rated STs than needed but they still fly apart and I've had zero problems with running LTs to their max cap. STs seem to have a expiration date on them, at which time they grenade, and that date is anywhere from 4 minutes to 4 years. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
If Maxxis is what you want, insist on Les Schwab ordering them. I bet they will and then they will have to service them. We have never had a problem with Les Schwab no matter where we've used them. They stand behind whatever they sell. If the tire isn't recalled, they'll sell them.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

terryaGJ
Explorer
Explorer
These two online dealers have good prices on Maxxis. Our local Discount Tire dealer will match their pricing (including shipping fee). I've done it twice this year with Discount, a set for my 5th and a set for my utility trailer. They reduced the mounting cost too since I took the tires off the trailers myself and took them into Discount.

http://www.realdealtires.com/tires/make/maxxis/m8008-st-radial-trailer/

http://simpletire.com/maxxis-m8008-st-radial-tires

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ScottG wrote:
LS is full of it. They also told me they sell thousands of Carlsyle tires and never had a return. I then informed him I had returned five of them for failures.
They just push what they have. Tell them no way and have them order a set of Maxxiss.

You hit the nail on the head.

Here is one example of their quality control.

If you guessed missing grease seal you are a winner!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD