cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Momentum M-series reviews?

slapshot12
Explorer
Explorer
We've narrowed our toy hauler search down to just a couple and the Momentum 349M and 351M are on top of the list. Can anyone who owns one give any feedback and opinions of them overall?

The short list is Momentum, Voltage, and Fuzion.
'18 Momentum 349M
'17 F-350 SRW Lariat CCSB 6.7 FX4
14 REPLIES 14

slapshot12
Explorer
Explorer
I've been working with our dealer this past week. We put a deposit down on a 349M and will be ordering it so we can get a king bed. They already have some in the production line that can still be changed so we should be able to to order it exactly as we want and still have it around the end of November.
'18 Momentum 349M

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
slapshot12 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. When we looked at various brands, the Momentum seemed to all have better fit and finish and some of the hardware and appliances seemed a step above some of the others. We've decided on a 349M so we can get the bigger garage. I'm in contact with 2 dealers working on the best price.

That's a great floor plan, that's what we were looking at when considering one ๐Ÿ™‚ That kitchen!!
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

1Adam12
Explorer
Explorer
Very happy with ours, and we use it a lot. A would buy it again and have no regrets.
DW and two boys
2019 Grand Design Momentum 397M
2020 Ram 3500 DRW

slapshot12
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback. When we looked at various brands, the Momentum seemed to all have better fit and finish and some of the hardware and appliances seemed a step above some of the others. We've decided on a 349M so we can get the bigger garage. I'm in contact with 2 dealers working on the best price.
'18 Momentum 349M

mcmurphrjk
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2017 349M. Had a few minor issues, all resolved with one trip to the dealer.
So far very happy with it. Fit and finish is very nice.
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, and beat youwith experience.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Txsurfer wrote:
Makes you wonder how anyone can justify paying in some cases almost double that of a Dutchman or Keystone.

THat is sort of the never ending debate. We all want quality.
But do we want to pay for it? When we find quality we are reluctant/hesitant to pay for it.
I have no first hand experience with GD. They seem to cost a bit more but they have a decent reputation and a lot of loyal satisfied owners.
Can you get GD quality at Keystone prices?
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

Txsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
Makes you wonder how anyone can justify paying in some cases almost double that of a Dutchman or Keystone.
2017 F250 PSD 4X4
2015 Livin Lite Axxcess 24FBA
2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
If we were looking to full time or even part-time, we would have bought a Momentum. Just in walking through them they seemed to be better quality and nicer than the others.

But, we just use ours for vacationing so went with a lower end/less expensive model with a floor plan we liked.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

mattmountz94
Explorer
Explorer
I would also way out which dealer you like the best over brand. Most likely you will be needing work done and i would rather buy my 2nd favorite model and have awesome customer service then buy my first favorite and fight every step when you need work done.

I really liked the GD when i looked at them and they had pretty decent reviews. I didn't care for the lack of storage under the front along with the slides in the living room being hydraulic and when opening you couldn't select which slide. They opened simultaneously. They might of changed this around though.

crazybanshee
Explorer
Explorer
We have been happy with our Grand Design 5th wheel
2007 Volvo VNL780
2017 Momentum 397th
2 Honda 400EX's
3 Yamaha Banshees
Honda 250EX
15 Polaris 900 S VOODOO Blue
15 Polaris 900 S Titanium Matte Metal
17 Polaris S 1000 Stealth Black
Polaris Outlaw 110

Y-Guy
Winnebago completed the purchase of GD in November of 2016, but as of yet you won't find any Winnebago mention on the GD website or vice-versa. I can't say I've read much worse after the purchase than before. For the most part GD seems to maintain a good reputation as had Winnebago.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Camper4871
Explorer
Explorer
I have read that Grand Designs was purchased by Winnebago.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Grand Design was attempting to be a step above the rest and build quality. They were one of the extremely small number of RV manufacturers that actually built and operated a quality control inspection department. Alas, earlier this year they sold out to Winnebago. Quality of current and future product is unknown.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
They're all the same; built very quickly and shoved out the door to be sold. Pick out the floor plan you like and go with it. Be prepared to visit the dealer for warranty repairs. My recommendation is to not buy new. Get one lightly used that has had the bugs worked out.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE