cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Awning Fabric installed...Electric operated Dometic

ricatic
Explorer
Explorer
Last fall my awning was ripped in a sudden windstorm...I was able to use it if I did not roll it out the full distance as it ripped at the roller bead...I ordered a new 20" canopy online.

The installation was a bit nerve wracking at first because I did not remove the arms from the fiver...It took 4 of us about 90 minutes to install the canopy...whew...big job done just in time for my departure to Iowa for my latest project...

Regards
Ricatic
Debbie and Savannah the Wonderdachsund
2009 Big Horn 3055RL
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Dually LTX with the Gold Standard LBZ Engine and Allison Transmission
2011 F350 Lariat SRW CC SB 4WD 6.7 Diesel POS Gone Bye Bye
3 REPLIES 3

ricatic
Explorer
Explorer
oops...20 feet...My roller tube survived the windstorm just fine...only the fabric ripped and the front top lag screws pulled loose...the electric awnings do not have many internet videos or pdf's to show how the thing goes together...I did some serious head scratching about how to handle 20 feet of roller and tube...the spring was interesting as well...

But it is done...

Regards
Ricatic
Debbie and Savannah the Wonderdachsund
2009 Big Horn 3055RL
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Dually LTX with the Gold Standard LBZ Engine and Allison Transmission
2011 F350 Lariat SRW CC SB 4WD 6.7 Diesel POS Gone Bye Bye

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
ricatic wrote:
Last fall my awning was ripped in a sudden windstorm...I was able to use it if I did not roll it out the full distance as it ripped at the roller bead...I ordered a new 20" canopy online.

The installation was a bit nerve wracking at first because I did not remove the arms from the fiver...It took 4 of us about 90 minutes to install the canopy...whew...big job done just in time for my departure to Iowa for my latest project...

Regards

Dang, I bet it don't block much sun only being 20 inches. LOL! JK

How do the 20' canopies hold up over time? My 18'er is bowed in the middle when it's deployed. I couldn't image it being another 2' longer.
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

army_guy1
Explorer
Explorer
great job. That is one of my projects this summer.
Rick & Jana
Full timing since Oct 2005 - retired US Army Dec 2009
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 RAM 3500 Big Horn