cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Cougar Fifth Wheel

K_sKamper
Explorer
Explorer
Getting new fifth wheel, just wish we could hire someone to do the PDI.
13 REPLIES 13

nano
Explorer
Explorer
K'sKamper wrote:
nano wrote:
What model are you getting?

2013 Cougar 333MKS

Congrats on the new rig. We have the same one. We're anxiously waiting to take it out camping for the first time on the 16th.
2013 Keystone Cougar 333MKS

JKrussow
Explorer
Explorer
K'sKamper wrote:
garysol wrote:
K'sKamper wrote:

I am no profesional but I am fairly knowledgable and live close to you. If you have any questions on how a system operates I would happily try and help you out.

Thank you, my concern is not so much how to operate systems as that everything is as it should be for a new RV. We had a bad experience with our last RV. 22 days old had a problem and the dealer never fixed it to our satisfaction, continued to have problems until we fixed it ourselves.

You truly are not an RVer if you are not fixing things. Your PDI is the most important thing you and your dealer can do together. A though PDI and few items found tells me the dealer has truly prepped the RV for delivery. If the dealer misses a couple of little things (nicks, screws loose, dust/dirt) make note and move on but when you find bigger issues then they didn't take the time to prep it. The dealer gets paid by the factory for each unit prepped for delivery. How they spend that money says volumes about the dealer.
John & Rana along with Kato & Punkin
2004 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A DRW CC, Banks IQ w/Econominder, Speedbrake & CAI, Curt Q5 20K
2011 Heartland Big Country 3650RL

K_sKamper
Explorer
Explorer
garysol wrote:
K'sKamper wrote:

I am no profesional but I am fairly knowledgable and live close to you. If you have any questions on how a system operates I would happily try and help you out.

Thank you, my concern is not so much how to operate systems as that everything is as it should be for a new RV. We had a bad experience with our last RV. 22 days old had a problem and the dealer never fixed it to our satisfaction, continued to have problems until we fixed it ourselves.

K_sKamper
Explorer
Explorer
nano wrote:

2013 Cougar 333MKS

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
TonyInPa wrote:
Pdi?

Pre Delivery Inspection.

This is an inspection / walk through to verify that all systems are working and all items are a should be.

Should be done on both New and used units BEFORE the money changes hands and any commitment is signed.

Here is a good PDI
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

SledHedEd
Explorer
Explorer
TonyInPa wrote:
Pdi?

Pre Delivery Inspection.
2012 Jayco Eagle 305BHLT 5th wheel
2011 Ford F350 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 P-Stroke

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
K'sKamper wrote:

2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2

TonyInPa
Explorer
Explorer
Pdi?

Artemus_Gordon
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your new rig!
2012 Montana 3750 Hickory Edition, 2013 Ford F450 Crew Cab 4x4 Platinum options

2012 3750 Montana

Generator Box

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
K'sKamper wrote:

The dealer should allow you to hire someone to do the PDI with you. I assume that you are new to RVing, and feel uncomfortable doing your self.
Find an independent RV tech, many will state that they do PDIs, they should give you an unbiased opinion of the RV.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't worry too much about it. Learn how everything works during the PDI. If you miss a couple things that's why you have a warranty. No matter how thorough you are there is almost always something you miss. Start a list of things that need attention when you take it out the first few times. Either fix them yourself or bring it to the dealer and get it taken care of. There won't be much if anything wrong with it when you pick it up so just enjoy it.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

nano
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Keystone Cougar 333MKS

blackeyed1
Explorer
Explorer
You can download a copy of a PDI, and do it yourself. That way you know where everything is at and how they work. Don't depend on someone else to know how your RV works.