Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New toy hauler newbie

Earthsufer
Explorer
Explorer
All,
I'm in the market for my first toy hauler and would like advice. I have read most of the older posts here. Here is what I'm at. I'm looking at the forest river 2016 stealth 2212 or the eclipse attitude 21SAG I like the stealth more but would like to get everyone's opinion on which company makes the better trailer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
19 REPLIES 19

HMBdave
Explorer
Explorer
I dont think either one is better than the other but if the heve a diffrent layout you want to get which ever one seems more usable to you. I would recamend( if you can) spred time in the rv pretending to do things you would do if it was yours and were using it on a trip. I find that one of the biggest things for my wife and i was how the bathroom felt. I cant stand how some of the toy haulers the bathroom is so small that you cant reach for the tp without banging an elbow into somthing. Some if you imagin yourself drying off after a shower, there is no way to do it whith out constantly smacking the walls and door.
Still a novice
2015 Lance 2212ks Toy Hauler -current TH
2013 Ford F-150 ecoboost max tow -current TV
2003 Ford Expedition -Sold
2006 Attitude 21ak -Sold

Earthsufer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. I greatly appreciate it. I really like the the stealth. The 2212 will be my first choice if I can get the price right. Thanks agian for the advice and any future advice shared.

souraider
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at both brands when we were in the market and ended up choosing the Stealth. For us it just came down to personal preferences based on style and design. I cannot say anything negative towards Attitude...just not for us.

We were looking at the 2212 floorplan, but decided to go with the 2313 because of the north/south front bed. We have had ours a little over a year now and have had no major issues, just a couple minor warranty issues; one with Forest River and the other with Cummins/Onan. We don't haul "toys" in ours so loaded for camping we weigh-in at about #7500-7800 range with tongue weight of about #1000.
'17 F350 STX 6.7
'15 Stealth WA2313
'20 Can Am Maverick Sport 1000R

Admin
Moved to Toy Haulers from Class A

Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ummmm...you might want to have this moved to the toy hauler forum. Most of us Class A guys won't be of much use....:W....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG