cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Toy Hauler

KTMsc
Explorer
Explorer
We are trying to decide on a new trailer.
The current candidates are the Carbon 327 and the Torque 321.
These are very similar units and we are looking for personal experience with these models or at least these brands.
We are open to others as well if someone has a recommendation.
Thanks
22 REPLIES 22

1jeep
Explorer II
Explorer II
I recently purchased a carbon 327 paid $48k after some haggling, mine came loaded even has 3 batteries and generator. So far we love it and yes it is the lowest priced 5er toy hauler from keystone, but we really don't need a side by side fridge or stereos with 12 inch woofers.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

rwhite692
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked at the EDGE line? (Heartland) - We found the interiors to be a bit nicer than the Torque line.
2003 Open Road 360RKDS-5
2007 Ford Super Duty CC 6.0 PSD FX4 King Ranch
Pullrite Superglide 18K
Honda EU2000i Twins

KTMsc
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tip, I'll check them too.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
If you haven't already recommend taking a look at Eclipse Attitude/Stellar line. They are similar priced/equipped as the units you have looked at.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

taken
Explorer
Explorer
That's a generous budget. Remember, over 35% off MSRP is standard on any ordered RV and that can go up on an in stock unit that the dealer is trying to move.
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

KTMsc
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at these as they meet our needs, 12 ft garage and three slides without being too long or heavy.
We are somewhat low frills types, and are looking for good quality.
Looking to stay around 50k OTD.

face_down
Explorer
Explorer
We were in the same boat as you, except it was a Carbon 357 vs. a Torque 325SS. After going through both units we choose the Carbon as we felt overall the Carbon was just a little nicer and had a better quality. While we just received our 357 and have only spent 5 nights in it so far, we are very pleased with it...actually we are in love with it.
2016 Keystone Carbon 357
2006 Ford F350 4X4 CC/LB/DRW (aka Big Sexy)
Reese 20K Goose Box - Draw-Tite Remove-a-Ball

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Other suggestions would really depend on your budget. The two you chose and lower lines from their respective manufacturers with less standards and options. I'm big on certain brands but they may be above what you want to spend.
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP