cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

newbie with questions

eddie_g
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a 2006 Victory Lane 36SRV-H5. What do you think ? Quality vs others ect. Good looking unit. Also I have a 2011 F350 Diesel (not dual wheel) for a tow vehicle.

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

td1837
Explorer II
Explorer II

36' way too big...get the 26' model with NO slides.

I am sure the OP would appreciate the responses but this post is 11 years old and the original poster hasn't been on here in 7 years. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

td1837
Explorer II
Explorer II

I had the 26' fifth wheel- sold it for $11k without generator. Was a good unit because it had NO slides! Hate slides. Wheels only 15" too....have to upgrade tires/wheels.

toytacoma8
Explorer
Explorer
Nope dual axle. I was kind of surprised it only had 15" wheels but the GVW is only 12,192. I would like to get some aluminum 16" wheels and LT tires but I am kind of drained and will probably just get some E rated Maxxis for now.

Talked em down to $15k from $20.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I assume it is a triple axle? Mine has a GVWR of 15500 lbs...not very much but it works for now. What may I ask did you end up paying for it?
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

toytacoma8
Explorer
Explorer
The tires seem to be the biggest concern. They are 225/75r15 and their combined weight rating barely equals the GVW minus the hitch weight of the trailer. I saw a brochure that listed the same tires used on the larger units which means they are deffinatly overweight for the tires.

The ones on this rig appear to be the originals based on the date. Going to have to replace them soon! Would like to get 16" wheels but combines with tires that gets spendy after having just put down a down payment.....

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
See our sig.

Our old rig was pretty good. We did a lot of miles with it. Several suspension breaks and bad bad tires but we sorted those out. Garage floor rotted out and had to be replaced.

I don't think the walls were quite square when we traded it in on our new one.

We didn't want to take it on long trips anymore - concerned about potential problems - it was worn out.

Couldn't have been too bad because the new one we bought is the next generation from the same manufacturer.

toytacoma8
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply, we made the deal last night and will pick it up later in the week. Now I just have to get my old travel trailer sold!

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 06 winners circle, made by Thor or Dutchman, not sure which as it says both on it, it is darn near the same unit, mine is 36SRV.
I purchased it used but have been out a couple times with it...no issues as of yet, pulls good, all items so far have been working good including slides, genny and such. If its in good cond, interior, roof and everything works good I wouldn't be afraid of it. I wouldn't pay more than $20000 for it as there are others out there for sale. As for weights, around 2800 pin and 15500 as a GVWR.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

toytacoma8
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at a 2006 26SRV Victory Lane 5th wheel and was curious if anyone else had any experience with them or heard of problems.
I also have a short bed F250 and wonder how turning will be...

Y-Guy
First of all welcome to RV.net!

Here is the 2006 brochure so you can see the weight numbers. The VL wasn't wildly popular but it was a decent unit as I recall. Do a detailed PDI before you buy it to make sure everything is working correctly, don't just test slides once but a few times. Pre-Delivery Inspection Checklist

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon