cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No more Bridgestone Duravis R250 tire?

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
I lost one this past weekend (bad blowout) and am looking to replace and see its no longer listed on Bridgestone's website. Does anyone know if the R238 is a replacement for the R250?
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch
15 REPLIES 15

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
rwess wrote:
So it was your right rear (doorside) tire? I have only had two blowouts in 24 and 1/2 years of towing travel trailers and both were the right rear and both were Chinese made tires.

Yes right rear curb side. In my experience and having seen friends loose tires that seems to be the most prone spot for blowouts on a dual axle trailer. Also the hardest to see/notice from the drivers seat.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
N-Trouble wrote:
Agree with what your saying. All I can say is one second I was running fine, next second there was a pretty violent tug from the trailer on the truck. Looked out the passenger side mirror and saw chunks of rubber flying. I was running solo so had nobody behind me when it happened. Lonely stretch of HWY 395 just north of Ridgecrest.

That is very near BFE! Pretty violent tug was most likely the cap separating from the carcass. If the other sidewall looks the same, that was run flat.

Thats what I'm thinking. Other side looks the same. No way a tire goes from looking perfectly fine to that in a couple of seconds.

So I guess with nobody behind me on the road the only way I could have avoided this situation would have been with TPMS on the trailer. Spend good money on good tires to avoid this kind of ****, and you can still get screwed.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Rear tire is usually road hazard.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
So being one that has run radial tires since Michelin first came to the US, their biggest issue is you donโ€™t feel them going flat, they continue to roll smoothly. In the day of bias ply tires, as they lost air they would develop a wiggle/vibration.
I have been running them since the mid 60โ€™s.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

rwess
Explorer
Explorer
So it was your right rear (doorside) tire? I have only had two blowouts in 24 and 1/2 years of towing travel trailers and both were the right rear and both were Chinese made tires.
rwess
USN Ret.
2017 Open Range 216RBS
2010 Chevy 2500HD Z71 4x4 LT

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
N-Trouble wrote:
Agree with what your saying. All I can say is one second I was running fine, next second there was a pretty violent tug from the trailer on the truck. Looked out the passenger side mirror and saw chunks of rubber flying. I was running solo so had nobody behind me when it happened. Lonely stretch of HWY 395 just north of Ridgecrest.

That is very near BFE! Pretty violent tug was most likely the cap separating from the carcass. If the other sidewall looks the same, that was run flat.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think a tire engineer like Roger would stay that tire was run flat, as in it picked up a nail or something else. Also the remaining tire on that side should also be replaced, as it could have been over loaded longer than you think.

"I felt it blow and pulled off immediately." a tire that has a sudden failure is not going to look like it has travel for miles on a highway in a flat condition.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
That wasn't a blowout. It was a Nuclear Detonation. :E

It sure felt like it. I think I'm lucky I got away with no damage to the undercarriage/side of trailer.

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
Yes the R-238 is Bridgestones replacement for the R-250. You must have either got some of the last ones made, or some that sat in some warehouse. 2018 was when I replaced the ones I had, the R-238 was out then. I got 5 trouble free years on a 12K trailer, 2800/2900 on pin. Replaced with Sailun S637s.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
That wasn't a blowout. It was a Nuclear Detonation. :E

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Tires are 2-3yr old. Spare measures 12mm tread depth and my running tires are all at 10-11mm with even wear across all tires. They dont sit in the sun and have zero cracks.

Now to the day it blew I was only traveling 63-65mph (do 70+ all the time in NV) and had only been on the highway for 30-40min when it let go. I felt it blow and pulled off immediately. The entire tread ring was still intact and separated from the tire. Trailer is only 12klb GVWR so tires were not run up at their limits. Run them all at 70psi all the time. Go figure...

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer