cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OOPH!

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
I forgot how big my fiver is! Washed the roof, sprayed some 303 on it, washed the whole outside, painted the skylight, started waxing the nose. Anyone volunteer to help me clean and wax the rest of it? I will supply the cola.
31 REPLIES 31

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Cola? That's not much of an incentive for that type of work.

I was thinking of an Amber Colored Beverage in a can. :B

In a CAN?? For that kind of work, it better come in a bottle, and none of that Lite cr@&!

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Terryallan wrote:
Paint the skylight?????:h

Yea, 11 years old, getting kind of nasty looking. Besides over the shower it let a lot of light/heat in. Never liked it, hense, paint it!

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
ReneeG wrote:
I'm not too far from you and I usually do the waxing by myself because I'm obsessed with keeping it shiny.

X2- Like a clean, shiny rig when we leave. Wanted to get started but after a mild early March when I didn't have time now the snows have returned and I can't begin! :R

roman_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Just got through waxing mine this PM. I wax it 3 times a year and it stays inside, looks great. I turn 79 next week, don't know how much longer I can run up and down a ladder.

RT

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Terryallan wrote:

X2?

DW wants me to hit ours with headlight restorer.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Wait for it to rain. When it just begins to sprinkle soap up the camper. Let the rain rinse it down. Problem solved! Or .. just forget the soap and let the rain rinse it down! Even easier!

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not too far from you and I usually do the waxing by myself because I'm obsessed with keeping it shiny. An amber colored beverage, but made with hops, is my choice too.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
I've washed and waxed my own campers for years and years, and at 65 years of age the last time was our 39' 9" long HR Presidential Suite for the last 8 years...last time was a week before I had my stroke on August 19th...This past weekend with the new TH, at 44' 7". I wiped the entire unit down:)...if you would have seen me climbing up a ladder, VERY CAREFULLY, with my wife watching every step...you'd probably thought I was drunk..THEN I climbed up the ladder to the roof and got the upper part of the front cap that I couldn't reach from the ladder...I was and am still quite sore, but really felt good about what I had done... until I boasted to my physical therapist..SON, I felt like I was be chastised by my mom for doing something wrong..thought SHE was going to have a stroke.!!.(oh, I could have fallen:E)..Next is to wax it, no clue how long it'll take with weak left arm..BUT, by ME doing it, I know it will be done RIGHT, and it will be a good job...I'd help you Donn, but I don't drink alcoholic beverages.

Jim
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
You live in the Northwest. A heavily hopped IPA would be a much more appropriate beverage. My personal go to has been Dagger Falls by Sockeye the last several years.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
donn0128 wrote:
OK OK, I renig. Corona it is!

Well Don is not far from some great Oregon winerys, that could also add to the value. :B
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I pay dearly to have that done. My arms would fall off.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
OK OK, I renig. Corona it is!

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
i thought you were a friend and was going to do mine to:B

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
I forgot how big my fiver is! Washed the roof, sprayed some 303 on it, washed the whole outside, painted the skylight, started waxing the nose. Anyone volunteer to help me clean and wax the rest of it? I will supply the cola.

How about supplying the Beer or maybe the Mojitos?
God Bless!