cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opinions about KZ Toy Haulers?

DarrellQ2001
Explorer
Explorer
We really like the MXT 309 except the DW doesn't like the extreme lack of kitchen counter space. One thing I'm curious about also is that the hitch tongue is extraordinarily long. I didn't measure, but it looks to be twice the normal length. Any thoughts as to why it would be so long, and what impact this would have on towing?

Thoughts on KZ quality in general?

Any other suggestions for comparable units?

thanks for your input
4 REPLIES 4

Texas_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
We reallu like our MXT 312, have had it 2 years. A few minor issues but nothing major.
2010 F250 6.4L
2013 MXT 312
Reese Dual Cam

pa_bell
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought the MXT303 in August. We really likes the layout with both sides of the bed accessible without crawling over one and other.

HOWEVER, on our first extended trip (4,200 miles) the fresh water had severe leak where I had to shut off the water until needed. That was repaired in Pocatello, Idaho by a KZ dealer but after heading back we realized the water pump would not pull the fresh water from the tank.

Then the black water tank has a bad valve so the solids cannot be drained but leaks out the rest so that when you take off the cap.....YECH!!

The satellite and local cable TV outlets on the outside were reversed so we did without TV until the Idaho dealer recognized the problem.

The weather stripping around the 2 push out windows is all coming off.

When the utilities were run through the cupboards, it looks like the holes were drilled with a 3 lb. hammer.

Now, it's back to the dealer in Ohio to get this all fixed. Glad it's not the middle of summer.

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
We absolutely love ours. We've had it for a month and are in our 3rd trip. I would certainly recommend at least the model we bought to anyone. We had some minor cosmetic issues at delivery but our dealer us taking care of it and are throwing in some extras to compensate...

Very happy campers so far and we get many compliments wherever we go...
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

I can't speak for thier toy haulers , as I have a Montego Bay... But I will say that the KZ brand trailers seem to be built very sound , and the dealers have great factory support.. In fact , I believe that they are one of A small number that offer a full 2 year warranty standard...My buddy has a KZ Escalade toy hauler and he loves his..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet