cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Palomino/Sabre Factory Tour Photos

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
I was recently at the Palomino/Sabre factory for a few days. I got a one-on-one tour of the factory from the warranty manager after most of the folks had gone home. I took a ton of photos and put together a blog post of them:

http://www.learntorv.com/2014/02/palomino-sabre-factory-tour-photos.html

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page
16 REPLIES 16

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that!

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
kzspree320 wrote:
Great pics. I would love to do this one day. Thanks

Make a trip out of it and see some sights on the way to/from. It's well worth it. ๐Ÿ™‚
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

kzspree320
Explorer
Explorer
Great pics. I would love to do this one day. Thanks

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
SuperDutyMan wrote:
Great pics! Nice to see my Sabre from the inside out.Always wanted to see what was under the roof,although the brochure always touted the Sabre Cage, all aluminum super structure,roof is built as solid as it feels when you walk on it.I'm also pleased with how strong and heavy the kickup is in the frame behind the pin box,around the basement area,as anyone on this thread knows we really Love our Sabre and are completely satisfied with it,no big issues,great quality for the price,and very happy with it.Again thanks for the pics,going to put them in my favs so I can go back and look at from time to time.

Glad you enjoyed it. ๐Ÿ™‚ The roof was neat to see. I was lucky in that I got to go to the upstairs area where they were on the scaffolding for wiring. The warranty manager took a call, so I got to wander around up there a bit.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
I think everyone who owns an RV of any kind should take an RV factory tour. It helps so much to understand how these campers are held together, and a better appreciation for all the work and technology that goes into even the most basic camper.

I've been on Danali TT and 5er, Coachmen MH, and Dutchmen TT manufacturing tours. Enjoyed all three of them. It's a great experience.

Again, I encourage everyone to go on at least one tour in your lifetime. It will change your perspective on your perception of your RV, be it a PUP to a MH!

I agree. I had wanted to, but never had been in the area to do it before. I was at the factory during the day while the folks were actually working (vs. after hours when I took these pictures). I walked 1/2 the line to go to the bathroom and walked back in awe while I watched them work.

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey now, that's pretty cool. I've seen factory photos, but never of my own brand. Thanks for sharing.

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Very interesting pictures. Thank you.

Lakeside

SuperDutyMan
Explorer
Explorer
Great pics! Nice to see my Sabre from the inside out.Always wanted to see what was under the roof,although the brochure always touted the Sabre Cage, all aluminum super structure,roof is built as solid as it feels when you walk on it.I'm also pleased with how strong and heavy the kickup is in the frame behind the pin box,around the basement area,as anyone on this thread knows we really Love our Sabre and are completely satisfied with it,no big issues,great quality for the price,and very happy with it.Again thanks for the pics,going to put them in my favs so I can go back and look at from time to time.
2011 Palomino Sabre 31RETS,5th Wheel,Triple Slide,4000W Onan Genset
2006 Super Duty,XLT, V10, 6 Speed, 4.10, Tow Command, Tow Pkg. 4X4,Dual Exhaust,K&N,Reese 15K,Air Bags

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I think everyone who owns an RV of any kind should take an RV factory tour. It helps so much to understand how these campers are held together, and a better appreciation for all the work and technology that goes into even the most basic camper.

I've been on Danali TT and 5er, Coachmen MH, and Dutchmen TT manufacturing tours. Enjoyed all three of them. It's a great experience.

Again, I encourage everyone to go on at least one tour in your lifetime. It will change your perspective on your perception of your RV, be it a PUP to a MH!

lazydays
Explorer
Explorer
Great post.
Very Patient Wife
Two Boys & a Girl
2013 Keystone Avalanche 345TG
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L

bogart661
Explorer
Explorer
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. I would love to do an RV factory tour some day.
Vinnie and Chris
2013 2WD Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD Crew Cab Short Bed Duramax/Allison Reese R16 Slider
2014 Crossroads Cruiser Patriot CF305SK

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
keyspirate wrote:
Was the person who took you on the tour Mike Kernagis?

No, it was a guy name Gary Grigsby - the Sabre warranty manager.

ramgunner
Explorer
Explorer
I had an old Palomino hardside pop-up from the 80's with the spring-loaded arms/raising system. Had a little work on it over the years, but it was still in good working order when we sold it.
Editor - http://www.RamGunner.com / http://www.MomentumGunner.com
2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
Grand Design Momentum 385TH (Polaris RZR800/VHF/UHF/HF)

keyspirate
Explorer
Explorer
Was the person who took you on the tour Mike Kernagis?