cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

paying before trailer is here

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
just informed from the bank that my trailer payments start next week. Think I need my trailer first, gave them 11500 down payment trailer wont be here until 3rd week of may. I don't think iam paying for something I don't have
26 REPLIES 26

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Trlrboy wrote:
That all depends on the paperwork you signed for your loan. Every loan statement has a payment amount and start date.

Unless it's a signature loan (very doubtful) the bank sure isn't going to part with *their* money unless they have a title in hand - for the trailer the bank (and you) own.

Could be something fraudulent going on!.:(

Call bank - be polite.

Call dealer - don't be polite.

~

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Allworth wrote:
That is what this country needs. More people consulting attorneys!

Hey c'mon they're either *all* starving . . . .

or looking for a good class action lawsuit..:R

~

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is what this country needs. More people consulting attorneys!
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Some folks do things different than I do. I would never have arranged for the dealer to get anything but a very small deposit until the RV was in my possession. Consult an attorney, you may have legal rights for non delivery of the RV as agreed
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's just a test run to get you use to paying for trailer and not being able to use it.......PDI/Warranty issues/repairs etc.

By then you'll be 'winterizing' it.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
lee worsdell wrote:
just informed from the bank that my trailer payments start next week. Think I need my trailer first, gave them 11500 down payment trailer wont be here until 3rd week of may. I don't think iam paying for something I don't have

Do you have the bank's money?
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
The bank loans the money to YOU- they have nothing to do with delivery dates of the object you're using the money for. All they care about is getting payments on the loan according to the schedule you agreed to.
Also:
Unless there's a clause in the loan papers that says the interest clock doesn't start ticking until you have the trailer, I'd think twice about asking for a delay in commencing payments. Could cost you a bundle in interest!

If there isn't a deliver-by clause in the order you placed with the dealer, there should have been...
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

blangen
Explorer
Explorer
Call the bank and see if they'll adjust. It's hard to believe they've already paid for a unit that hasn't been manufactured yet. They can only say yes or no... so I'd ask.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, two different things. Sounds like the factory/dealer let you down on that one. Lender has nothing to do with it, and won't look kindly on you not paying. I'd be on the dealer if I were you.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
I did sign but they told me the trailer would of been here by now. I called the factory they haven't started to build yet. My fault I guess

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I bet your loan paperwork shows a start date for the loan payments....and I bet it's a next week date.

Trlrboy
Explorer
Explorer
That all depends on the paperwork you signed for your loan. Every loan statement has a payment amount and start date.
2010 Montana 3400RL
Chevy 2500HD Duramax

PHOTOLINK