cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Per cent off

Busdriver
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking at a new grand design wondering how much off of retail should I expect?

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS
10 REPLIES 10

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
Google the floor plan(s) you are considering and you will likely find a number of them nationally with advertised prices ranging from too high to maybe low enough. Find the lowest, print it (or them) off, and use it as a bargaining tool at your preferred dealer.

As with any RV - do the above.

Know EXACTLY what you want..floor plan and options.

1. If you are willing to *order* the unit, you are in a much better negotiating position.
Shop your choice country wide.
The best deal you find is now your "benchmark".
(Get it in writing)

Weigh the benefits of traveling to the distant dealer -vs- one closer to you. Will the closer dealer meet your best price - or at lest come close?

Comes down to - do you wish to travel for the best price - or purchase at a dealer close to you?

2. If you are looking at RVs in dealer stock - you are in a totally different negotiating scenario.
You can use your search results (from #1)for a negotiating tool.

However, you are (or may be) in competition with other buyers for the same unit in dealer stock.

Good luck with "shopping".

..:)

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Colrain rv in ohio and Indiana carry Grand Design that is where we bought our 337RLS reflection and they show prices on line. Hope this helps. Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

pjberny5
Explorer
Explorer
Sticker on my 2014 3260 Bighorn was $81,125 ending up paying $53,000 which is around 35 percent below what was on the sticker..

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
I'd love to see national dealer lists, by mfr, with faxes and/or email addresses. Get an option sheet, build what you want and send it to every dealer for that brand in the country and ask for the absolute best OTD price. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Rancher_Will
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with all of the above. Actually the comments apply to almost everything today, not just RV's. Since 1954 I have purchased equipment, autos, trucks for my business, machinery for my ranches, totaling well over $2 million. I have never paid MSRP for any. Anyone who pays MSRP for any major item today is not paying attention. Just for my latest example. This year, 2016, I purchased a new, 2016 RAM 3500 dually truck, HD, 4WD, Cummins engine, equiped with a flatbed and three B&W hitches installed. MSRP was $58,000. The actual price after negotiation was $45,600. I now own 6 pickup trucks that we use on our ranches.

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
donn0128 wrote:
30-35% seems to be what most are saying. Of course there is no such a thing as "retail" in the RV industry. So..........

I agree, dealers can use any MSRP they want to make the discount look great. I know first hand it happens. Anyway, define exactly what you want, floorplan, options, color, etc. and if you can set a target price. Then request quotes from various dealers and go from there. If a dealer won't give you a price on exactly what you want w/o a face-to-face meeting, then just skip them. When I made my request, I asked for best price, no negotiations. Then picked the one I wanted. Several dealers came back and wanted to lower their price several hundred $$. My response, sorry you didn't understand my request.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were just up front with our salesperson. At the beginning of the conversation I said, "I'll assume we'll start at the 30% off MSRP point and work from there." He took me seriously and that's what we ended up with.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
Google the floor plan(s) you are considering and you will likely find a number of them nationally with advertised prices ranging from too high to maybe low enough. Find the lowest, print it (or them) off, and use it as a bargaining tool at your preferred dealer.

That's the problem with Grand Design. They don't let dealers advertise sale prices online. You may find a few here and there but for the most part you just can't find them easily. That keeps the dealers from having to deal with other dealers that may be out of state or not close by.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
30-35% seems to be what most are saying. Of course there is no such a thing as "retail" in the RV industry. So..........