cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Plans for building RV sheds, pads, etc.

crmackenzie
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know of where to find plans for building RV garage, covers,storage sheds, parking pads, or houses with attached RV garage?
14 REPLIES 14

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Here is my very simple storage shed. It is attaced to our garage and has water, sewer, and electrical connections. The best part is that we just drive through--our road makes a full loop.

It was an "add on" to the garage plans. I will just mention that the posts which are buried in several feet of concrete were a solution to the problem of stability.

It's not pretty, but it works. The only problem is that it was designed around an earlier and slightly smaller fifth-wheel so we do not have full access to all the slide outs.

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a 41x38 foot 19 feet high in center metal bldg put in. It holds my fifth wheel, bass boat, jeep and my son's 36 foot travel trailer with no problem. I only keep my son's for him during the winter since he has restrictions where he lives on RV's. I chose to leave both ends open so I can drive thru which really helps.
You can research all types of RV sheds on the internet.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

Gemstone
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't have to look like a shop or barn...

not a barn

Regards
Gemstone
'06 Elite Suites TK3, '95 KW T-600, '08 Softail Classic , '06 Softail Deuce

stetwood
Explorer
Explorer
My shed is multipurpose. It is 42 x 64. A portion of it is a 28x40 heated shop, the rest is gravel and storage for 30'ft 5ver, crew cab long box. Lawn & snow equipment, lumber storage for woodworking and fishing boat. It only needs to be larger because the kid wants to store things here too.

SpoiledRotten
Explorer
Explorer
I just ordered on of those metal sheds for my pad. I have a 20x40 pad, electricity, septic system, satellite TV, water supply, but leaving it on that pad unprotected from the weather had taken a toll on the roof and graphics, so after 4 years, I decided to put the shed over the whole pad. Hopefully, this will be a welcomed addition. We are adding partial walls down the back and one side where the afternoon sun is the worst. The side posts are 12', then the where it starts the roof, it goes up another foot before starting the horizontal climb to a 14.8' center.
Just the 3 of us...SpoiledRotten, TotallyRotten, and ALittleRotten
2000 F-250 Lariat, CC
7.3 PSTD-Superchipped
2005 33RL2 New Vision - AKA "SpoiledRotten"
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition

glazier
Explorer II
Explorer II
sunnybrooktoyhauler wrote:
Hi! I put up a 30x44 pole barn. 2 12x14 overhead doors. 16 ft ceiling. Poured concete floor with electric plug 50 amp service. Wish I had a dump station but sceptic was to far. My 5er is 40 ft an I have a foot on front and a foot in back. Do yourself a favor and build it big enough that you can leave the TV hooked up. Good luck.

X2 on the long enough to leave TV hooked up. My RV Garage is 30' x 80' x 16' Height, with 2-16' x 14' Garage Doors (one on each end). I am very pleased with this building's size for storing my Fifth Wheel, and a few other toys. No problem opening all slides, and plenty of room to extend the awning. I always open everything up while in the garage, it allows the awning to dry also.
2017 Grand Design Momentum 328M
2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax CC/SB/4X4
B&W Companion Slider

arnko37
Explorer
Explorer
I had a MH w/ a small solar panel on the roof to keep the batteries charged. The first winter I did not plug the rig in and the batteries went dead, froze and cracked. Solar panels don't work good in the dark.

jamway
Explorer
Explorer
crmackenzie wrote:
Does anyone know of where to find plans for building RV garage, covers,storage sheds, parking pads, or houses with attached RV garage?

http://www.muellerinc.com/

Just tell them what you want. Don't tell them how much money you have. LOL
Happy Camping

2004 2500 CTD HO LB 4X4 auto
2005 Discover America 29 RL

James

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Napria wrote:

We are also looking to build something for a 40' fiver. Do you feel you built the right size? Do you slide out your slide outs in your pole barn?

Well looking back now I wish I had changed a few things like:
I got it to close to the bigger building, roof snow shed gets pretty tall between the two and the passenger door can't be used in winter. Also have a killer blind side backing it in.
It is about the right size, but bigger would have been better. I would have needed to take out about a dozen trees and bring in a excavator to level out the mountain. So I just worked with what level land there was so to speak.
It's 16x40 with a 14' door and slides extend but I rarely extend them inside. I have about 2' walking distance on front and back.
In the end it does what I wanted, keep the snow off in winter and sun off it in summer.

2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
My RV garage is 18x44 with a 14x14 sectional door. The 18 ft width allows opposing slides to be open with just enough room to walk around the RV. The 14 ft wide door makes backing in EZ as I had no option for a drive thru layout. Didn't use skylights as they add too much summer heat. But since the sidewalls are 16 ft tall, I added several lexan panels along the upper 8 ft on the South and East sides for some natural lighting. Used a Chamberlin Liftmaster shaft mounted garage door opener since the door weighs about 400 lbs. and it works great. My 2 car garage is right next to the RV garage and open between them so the truck sits next to the fiver. Current fiver is 34 ft, so I have additional length for a longer unit in the future.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

Napria
Explorer
Explorer
sunnybrooktoyhauler wrote:
Hi! I put up a 30x44 pole barn. 2 12x14 overhead doors. 16 ft ceiling. Poured concete floor with electric plug 50 amp service. Wish I had a dump station but sceptic was to far. My 5er is 40 ft an I have a foot on front and a foot in back. Do yourself a favor and build it big enough that you can leave the TV hooked up. Good luck.

We are also looking to build something for a 40' fiver. Do you feel you built the right size? Do you slide out your slide outs in your pole barn?
2014 Montana 3850FL
2005 Ameri-Camp F321QBS (Sold)
2004 Chevy 3500 crew cab long bed one ton with Alison
18K Reese Signature
Prodigy

sunnybrooktoyha
Explorer
Explorer

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Google " pole buildings " for local companies in your area. I just got 11 million hits for my location :E
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Can't answer your question...
Make it bigger than what you think you need.
Longer, wider and taller.
Or build it so you can easily add on.
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315