cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pullrite 18.5k super 5th hitch

frankiethethump
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I am considering buying a used pullrite 18.5k super 5th hitch (non sliding hitch). I have been trying to research the dependability of the hitch online but am having a difficult time finding anything about that particular model. Pullrite doesn't appear to have the hitch on its website, so I am concerned they aren't manufactured anymore and I am wondering why they may have stopped. The hitch looks identical to the current 20.5k model (part#0800) I am seeing on ebay and on pullrite.com, but is clearly marked as being a 18.5k model. Any input/advice regarding the quality of the 18.5k model would be appreciated. Curious what the reputation of that hitch is. Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
That is the answer I was going to post. It seems that Pullrite has fairly recently upgraded the capacity of many of their hitches. No real changes. It is just that they found (through testing) their hitch designs were stronger than originally thought.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

frankiethethump
Explorer
Explorer
Turns out the 18.5k is the earlier version of the current 20.5k Super 5th. Same exact design but the new one is rated a little stronger. PullRite is very helpful with customer service, they educated me regarding signs of wear/tear and function to test for before purchasing. Parts are apparently interchangeable between the 18.5 and 20.5. I plan to purchase it if it isn't too beat up. Thank you all for your input.

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
We've had a Pullrite 10k and a 20k radiused TT hitch. We've also had a 16k and now the 20.5k fifth wheel hitch...not a single issue with any of them in the 20 plus years of owning them...best on the market in my opinion.

Can't say anything about the 18k in particular....but if it was made by Pullrite, you cannot go wrong!
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

DelawareCamper
Explorer
Explorer
We have been using the 20.5 for a few years,,, if you have any questions about the 18.5 shoot PullRite an email,, we have always received fantastic customer service from them...

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
16K Pull Rite since 2003

Great product
Great service

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

SooperDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard some amazing "above and beyond" stories from other PullRite owners, and I towed with my SuperGlide almost 100,000 miles with no issues towing my Jayco 5er. Thing is still in good shape and sits in my driveway awaiting it's new 2nd owner!
My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. :W

rich_and_char
Explorer
Explorer
In general Pullrite has a very good reputation with good customer service ,
I have used my 20.5k for the past 5 years with no problems, on two different 5vers. and looking for many more years of service.
2011 F-350/CC/LB/Drw/6.7L
2013 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS "Pearl Edition" Trail-Air Pin Box
Pullrite 20.5K Super 5th