cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing a Toyhauler

gwpeper
Explorer
Explorer
We are currently researching several different brands of 5th wheel toyhaulers and would appreciate any feedback as to preferences and any issues you may have with a particular line. Currrently we are looking seriously at Cyclone, Raptor & Spartan. We want to be able to take our motorcycle with us we enjoy riding and go to several rallys during the year
16 REPLIES 16

Beavis01350
Explorer
Explorer
Our Carbon is nice, less $$$ and a Keystone build.
Shawn McGill

2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD D-Max W/ bagges CCSB
2016 Carbon 297 Toy Hauler

J__D__Muth
Explorer
Explorer
We just picked up a Grand Design Momentum 348M. It has a 12.5' garage, and we park our Kawasaki Teryx 4 side by side in there. Just got it three weeks ago. Took it out for two nights to see how everything worked. It is a real nice unit, and we are very happy with it. You might look at Grand Design.
I have looked at the Raptor, and really liked it as it is a Keystone product. Our previous trailer was a Keystone, Cougar High Country.

gwpeper
Explorer
Explorer
your talking about the year of the truck or the coach?

Ours is 2006 F-350, 6.0 powerstroke that has been bullet proofed and a programmer added, it has less than 55k miles on it, I've only had the truck a year and we have put 20k miles on it, when we purchased it there was only 36k on it, thats why I opted to go ahead and do the egr delete, upgraded head studs and gaskets and programmer and exhaust

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
gwpeper wrote:
I have a Ford F-350 Super Duty crewcab 4x4 dually diesel, B&W companion hitch
The year is impportant.

gwpeper
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, about everything we've looked at so far has all LED lights inside and out. We like the new Raptor 355ts, its not to big and has about everything we want but my wife says she would like a bit more living area, but if we step up to the 415 or 425 they so heavy and long.

Dick_641
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a Grand Design dealer around you should look at them

vr200275
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Spartan 1239. Have been on several trips with it and we are very pleased so far. Just small issues I have taken care of myself.

debraindi
Explorer
Explorer
You would think in today's world every rv would be energy efficient . Look for LED options my Impact uses half the battery as the old Nitrous I just sold.
2013 LML Duramax
2015 311 Keystone Impact
200q 24 partycraft 150 mercury
Time out motor cycle trailer
2009 Harley RG 575 cams thunder-max tuned
1970 350 JD crawler loader

07mike
Explorer
Explorer
We have 2016 Spartan since Aug 2015,it's the 5th RV, 3rd toy hauler and this one is the most efficient RV ever. It is a 1032, 6point level, 2ac, 5.5 gen, all lights LED, 1battery last all night w/ max air fan running when dry camping in mountains of Pa. No phone, no tv, just Mother Nature.The only short coming ,as with 98% of most RVs is quality control, it sucks.But if you're going to RV suck it up and learn to fix things! In the time I've had this TH , I've made 8 modifications.

gwpeper
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Ford F-350 Super Duty crewcab 4x4 dually diesel, B&W companion hitch

debraindi
Explorer
Explorer
What is your tow vehicle? I bought a new Impact 311 my TV is a 3/4 LML 2013. I'm just at the max with GVRR. The 311 Impact is 36 ft at 11500 lbs pin wight 2700.
2013 LML Duramax
2015 311 Keystone Impact
200q 24 partycraft 150 mercury
Time out motor cycle trailer
2009 Harley RG 575 cams thunder-max tuned
1970 350 JD crawler loader

mackyb
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 2015 Spartan 1032 which I bought new in July 2014. So far it has been a solid and dependable RV in the 2 camping seasons I have used it. Only minor problems that the dealer has taken care of for me. The only negative I can think of is that the manufacturer has been slow to ship in any parts required but they have eventually come in. I think if you are buying new, the key ingredient is a good trustworthy dealer no matter what brand you buy. You get a good floor plan and a lot of bang for your buck with a Spartan.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Read my post in one of your other threads.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
All three will obviously do the job. Lots of different opinions here just like a Chevy, Ford, Ram debate.

If I had to pick of those three, I'd go Raptor, Spartan, Cyclone. Raptors are really good and finding a Keystone dealer is a "dime a dozen" if you need help. I know nothing about a Spartan so I pick them second. I used to own a Cyclone so I placed them last.

If these toy haulers are at different dealers, the dealer which gets the best reviews when you need help would be a huge factor.