cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quality

swallow
Explorer
Explorer
Hi I am looking at a new toy hauler around 40 feet ,I have a chev duramax dually 2012 .I see most use osb board on the roof and floor is that ok I would think for a few dollars more they could use plywood.Do you know any that use plywood.Second what size do you think is the most popular I am thinking resale some day,I also do not want to buy one to big or small and regret it later.I want to put in a 570 rzr and a couple dirt bikes ,how much room do I need to walk around to put the tie down straps on the rzr is 9feet long so is 10 or 12 feet the best.thanks for your feed back.
5 REPLIES 5

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
We have an amped 32gs and are very impressed with the quality. This is our third RV (first two were 5th wheels) and this one is by far the best made. For instance the floor is solid as a rock and constructed of Marine Grade Plywood!

We have full-timed in ours for 3 months now and have only had a few very minor issues.

Chatted with the title lady at the dealer in Tucson. She was telling me her and hubby wanted a 32GS but the dealer was having a hard time keeping them in stock...she said they just sold the two they had at the weekend show.
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
With a Dually I assume your looking for a Fifth Wheel? The top of the line Toy Haulers have a top of the line price as well, $70k to 100k...

If I was buying today I would be looking at the Amped 32gs. It's not a Fifth Wheel, I just like the looks and Fifth wheel floor plan in a bumper pull Toy Hauler.

http://www.floydsrvs.com/New-Inventory-2015-EverGreen-Toy-Hauler-Amped-32GS-Norman-Oklahoma-812209

You could put the Razor in the garage and the dirt bikes in the back of the truck! The one I looked at was washer and dryer ready as well.... I don't think you would get two dirt bikes and a razor in a 12 foot garage..

OSB is being used in the home buiding industry more than plywood as well. OSB is cheaper but has a stronger shear rating...
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

Y-Guy
Manufacturing most Toy Haulers is about building them cheap, er I mean low cost.

I'd say quality varies by year. Right now from what I've seen the Grand Design seems to be top notch, I'd also put the Desert Fox line up there too. But a couple years ago that may have been the Cyclone, before that it was another brand. Quality comes down to what you want and are willing to pay for. The more popular a brand becomes the more they produce the more they seem to start suffering from quality control.

I'd say the most common size for a garage is the 12' having things like a generator help in resale.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

swallow
Explorer
Explorer
My pay load gown is 13000lbs truck comes in at around 8200 lbs that leaves 4800 lbs and I added another leaf spring I know that dosn,t change my gvw thanks

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
How much real weight (not published mfg. magical number) do you have for payload?

Get a trailer that doesn't exceed that real world available payload capability!

In order words go weigh your truck and then using real world weight numbers you can figure what you can really tow.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31