cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"Half ton" 5th wheel for couples. Cougar lite 25bhs.

TNrob
Explorer
Explorer
This is the best fit yet for she and me. It's a "bunkhouse" but it isn't. The Couch folds down and a bunk bed folds down above it. We can pull the bunk and fold down sofa for a couple of comfy chairs and lounge straight across from the TV. Haven't found one to look at in person but some of the photos and a video I found says it just about perfect for two people. And they managed to get in an outdoor kitchen and 60 gallons of grey tank, all in 29 feet.

It also would work really well with my truck at gvwr 10k, cargo at 2865, pin at 1285. It's perfect for my 2500.

Here's a link for any interested.Floor plan and specs.
18 REPLIES 18

TNrob
Explorer
Explorer
At present, outdoor kitchen is really looking good, and we're trying hard to stay under 30 feet. I'm not keen on curb side slides; seems like they'd infringe on camp site. No experience...

I do like the really big kitchen, but we make do very well in the tiny little one we currently have in 19' TT. I'm interested in seeing a few more in person. We had been ignoring 5th wheels in the past because old truck couldn't pull one and we weren't planning on a 3/4 ton at that time.

We'll go back around the dealers in the fall and to the RV show in January to get better looks at more variety.

That 25bhs was the first one I found with outdoor kitchen, no space wasted on bunks we don't want, no right side slide, under 30 feet, etc. I can't wait to find one local to look at.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
avvidclif1 wrote:
Without running the slides out:
Access to bedroom, Check OK
Access to bathroom, Check [COLOR=]Yes
Access to fridge, probably not Who really cares! Make a lunch and put in a cooler!!
Straight on seating to TV, Sorta

The rest looks good, nice rig, short on counter space. (but not a short as I am)

The Kitchen is WAY toooooo small!!!

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
Without running the slides out:
Access to bedroom, Check
Access to bathroom, Check
Access to fridge, probably not
Straight on seating to TV, Sorta

The rest looks good, nice rig, short on counter space. (but not a short as I am)
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

Fishhawker
Explorer
Explorer
TNrob wrote:
This is the best fit yet for she and me. It's a "bunkhouse" but it isn't. The Couch folds down and a bunk bed folds down above it. We can pull the bunk and fold down sofa for a couple of comfy chairs and lounge straight across from the TV. Haven't found one to look at in person but some of the photos and a video I found says it just about perfect for two people. And they managed to get in an outdoor kitchen and 60 gallons of grey tank, all in 29 feet.

It also would work really well with my truck at gvwr 10k, cargo at 2865, pin at 1285. It's perfect for my 2500.

Here's a link for any interested.Floor plan and specs.

Unless you are needing the bunks, you might want to look at a Cougar 26SAB

We have one and it's working out great for the 2 of us

Best of luck in your search