Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raptor 332TS

crash32
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Folks

Well we brought home are awesome 2014 Raptor the other weekend from its inside but not heated cold storage location. We love the unit and are very happy with it. We know there will be issues and stuff to fix since your basically pulling a big box down the road.When we where hooking up we noticed a crack in the body by the bedroom slide out. I have contacted the place I purchased and they have approval to fix it under warranty. They said it is very common and they do this repair often. They will grind out a control joint and fix the fiberglass and repaint. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I was thinking of removing the skirt under the bedroom and looking to see if any of the welds or anything has moved. The service guy said if there was a structural issue we would have other signs and problems.
Just looking for some input.

14 REPLIES 14

crash32
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for not getting back to everyone. Been gone on holidays since we received the trailer back. They did fix it all up and everything seems to be good now.

CJW8
Explorer
Explorer
LUV2SKICO wrote:
crash32 wrote:
We really like this unit allot. We have a dodge Ram 2500 mega cab that we pull it with. Where we live it is pretty flat and have no problems pulling it.
The unit is at the dealer right now getting all fixed up. Can not wait for it to come home.

I'm curious how this all worked out at your dealer. Also wondering if you've had a chance to pull the 332TS trailer with the 2500 in strong crosswinds yet.

We'll likely buy a 332TS in the next 12 months and are currently looking at tow vehicles. Where we live, it's mountainous and windy.

We went ahead and bought this model. It will be three more weeks before we can go on a maiden voyage. I did a initial review in this forum.

During the initial walkthrough at the dealership, the shore power cord the dealer was using had a loose connection on one wire and this caused the microwave and fireplace to fail which the dealer has replaced. There is also a recall on the main steps which was also handled.

So far we have just been setting it up and loading it with things that will stay in it. Very happy so far.

I have also added a 2K SW inverter. I have also added a Xantrex TrueCharge 2 charger in place of the WFCO converter . Next week, I'll be adding 500 watts of solar.

My biggest rub is it has a nice battery compartment for 3 batteries but the space will only hold Group 24 batteries!!!
2003 Forest River Sierra M-37SP Toy Hauler- Traded in
2015 Keystone Raptor 332TS 5th wheel toy Hauler (sold)
2004 Winnebago Vectra. 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad

LUV2SKICO
Explorer
Explorer
crash32 wrote:
We really like this unit allot. We have a dodge Ram 2500 mega cab that we pull it with. Where we live it is pretty flat and have no problems pulling it.
The unit is at the dealer right now getting all fixed up. Can not wait for it to come home.

I'm curious how this all worked out at your dealer. Also wondering if you've had a chance to pull the 332TS trailer with the 2500 in strong crosswinds yet.

We'll likely buy a 332TS in the next 12 months and are currently looking at tow vehicles. Where we live, it's mountainous and windy.

crash32
Explorer
Explorer

CJW8
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering this same unit. How do you like it so far? What are you towing it with.? Thx.
2003 Forest River Sierra M-37SP Toy Hauler- Traded in
2015 Keystone Raptor 332TS 5th wheel toy Hauler (sold)
2004 Winnebago Vectra. 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad

crash32
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the picture.
That is what i figured it will look like.
I was just concerned that there maybe something moving but the more I look into it the more people advise its normal. I may just take the under liner off myself just for my piece of mind.

madbare
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the pic I promised.

redhooker
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Seems like its most common on the bedroom slide too.

Maybe because it's a popular place to work on the 'ol 10 minute abs? Or was it 8 minute abs...

crash32
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Everyone

I have already talked to the dealer and he has gotten approval to fix it.
They will router out a control joint and fix the fiberglass and repaint they said. I'm ok with this but was just wondering if I need to be concerned about anything hidden that we can not see.

madbare
Explorer
Explorer
I will get a picture of it this weekend so you can show the dealer. My Fuzion is a 2015 model 371.

Y-Guy
Seems like I recall this happening more often a few years ago, as madbare said it seems like they started to put in a relief joint to prevent this. You might want to talk to them about that and see what they can due to prevent this in the future. Seems like its most common on the bedroom slide too.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

madbare
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting, my Fuzion 371 has a relief joint at that same point.

crash32
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry about that.
Thanks for the help I have fixed it so the pictures will show.

Y-Guy
Crash we're unable to view your attachment or even your link since membership is required to the site.

You can upload your photo to post a link by using the following site.

New! Easy Photo Upload & Posting Web App!
(thanks to Moderator 1492)
    A fast and easy way to post a photo in a forum post. Just drag-n-drop a photo, and receive a copy-n-paste image link for your forum post. Uploads directly to IMGUR.com servers. Resizes photos to the max recommended by the Open Roads Forum. Includes a thumbnail preview, and also provides an optional link to permanently delete the photo. A shortcut to the web app is available at bit.ly/photo-upload.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon