cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear Deck Patio - Aftermarket rails

jmbstudios
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone seen an aftermarket rail system to convert your TH rear door into a patio?

I've been doing a lot of searching but not finding any products.
New or used.
2019 F250 Lariat FX4
2018 Genesis Supreme 32CR
PRS and Taylor Guitars
22 REPLIES 22

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I saw someone using toddler "fencing" around theres this weekend, plastic panels that dovetail together for making play areas for toddlers, size seemed to fit very well. Couple of bungies and it was pretty secure.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
I just use dog Xpens to line our door when it's used as a patio. We carry quite a few Xpens as our trialer is mainly a rolling kennel anyways. Lol

edit: Dogs travel in truck from A to Z.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

jmbstudios
Explorer
Explorer
By the way, my door is the same door used for patios. Just doesnt have the rails. Cables, no rails.
2019 F250 Lariat FX4
PRS and Taylor Guitars

jmbstudios
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
Lippert sells the rails but says only to dealers. One other thing, your door is not the same door used for patios. It lacks a sheet of metal over the plywood.

You've seen my door?

Spooky.....
2019 F250 Lariat FX4
PRS and Taylor Guitars

lightfoot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Our 2015 Voltage has the patio setup but no special sheet metal. I was just at a rv show in Lake Co Illinois and there were 2 toy haulers there with the patio and no special sheet metal on the ramp door.
USN EN2
2012 Ford F250 SC, 6.7L TD
2015 Voltage 3200
2004 Honda GL1800 Reverse Trike

Bert_Ackerman
Explorer
Explorer
I'd guess and say because when used as a patio it gets more abuse and is subject to weather, as in rain. One thing is certain and that is with Lippert anything additional in the support / strength department is a good thing. Personally I see no use in having a 64 sq.ft. elevated patio off the back of a trailer with railings around it, but whatever does it for you.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just curious - why would he need a sheet of metal?

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Lippert sells the rails but says only to dealers. One other thing, your door is not the same door used for patios. It lacks a sheet of metal over the plywood.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE