cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reese Revolution Hitch

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at some fifth wheel trailers(again) and found one that had a Reese Revolution Hitch on the pin. According to the salesman that hitch will allow you to make a 90 degree turn in a short bed truck with hitting the cab and no slider hitch is required.

Anyone use or know anything about the Reese Revolution Hitch?

Thanks,
Craig
2014 Heartland Wildness 2775RB, 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Mega Cab
25 REPLIES 25

PhoneDude_8289
Explorer
Explorer
I have been pulling with the revolution hitch for 3 years, wouldn't be without it. The universal wedge that came with mine didn't work right, got a custom wedge that was made for my hitch and never looked back. The universal wedge was the pia for me.
8289WS
Ram 2500 TCD SB 4WD

Bigmoss
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Jayco Eagle HT with that Pin and pull with a 2016 Ford 5.5 Foot Box and can jack knife the truck fully and not come near hitting the cab. Well worth it for me.
2016 Ford F-150 Screw Lariat Short Box
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
Reese 30051 Hitch with Revolutionary Pin

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
rsday75 wrote:
Another benefit not mentioned is you can use all the truck bed up to the rails. No need to leave the back empty for pin box swing.
I love mine.
We tow a 40' 5er at 13,500lbs. No noticeable sway. Stable as any other 5th I have ever pulled. Much better than our old 35' TT.

Good to hear, we are planning on this type of pin weather it comes with the new rig or not.

Thanks

rsday75
Explorer
Explorer
Another benefit not mentioned is you can use all the truck bed up to the rails. No need to leave the back empty for pin box swing.
I love mine.
We tow a 40' 5er at 13,500lbs. No noticeable sway. Stable as any other 5th I have ever pulled. Much better than our old 35' TT.
2003 GMC Serria 2500HD D/A
2016 Jayco 355MBQS

cathy97
Explorer
Explorer
In addition to not hitting the back of the truck on sharp turns you can actually hitch up sideways. We have had to do this several times when people park mostly in the road in front of our fifth wheel and we are ready to leave. We just turn the pin the direction we can get to it and hook up.
2012 Dodge 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4 Diesel shortbed
2012 Cougar High Country 246RLS
Reese Revolution Sidewinder, No slider needed!!

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, think that will be the pin to look for when we get the fifth wheel.

Thanks again to all,
Craig

mountainsam
Explorer
Explorer
I just sold my 5er with the Revolution hitch. I used it with my 05 Dodge short bed and my 2014 long bed. The family I sold the 5er to had a Ram short bed, hooked right up and turned a 90 leaving the driveway. Not only doesn't it hit but you take that concern off your mind. No wondering if you should slide or not. As far as sway on the road, I can't remember ever noticing and sway at all and I went through some bad Wyoming thunder storms a couple years ago.
2017 Thor Gemini 23TR w/ 3.2 Power Stroke turbo diesel
2014 Ram 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel Crew Cab, Long Bed 4X4 6 Speed Auto (sold)
2013 Rockwood Signature 8281 WS w/Sidewinder Pin (sold)
DW and Sofie our Black Lab /Boxer and Phoebe our Schnoodle

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
Great, sounds good to me. I'm use to and very good at pulling a TT, not the greatest at backing but working on that problem.

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Calicajun wrote:
Good to hear as I like the idea of the Revolution/Sidewinder hitch over a slider.

Do have another question about the Revolution hitch. With the pivot point now moved back 22 inches, does that effect the sway while towing? My guess is yes it will effect the towing and sway but not enough to notice.

There have not been any reports of sway issues to my knowledge. The Sidewinder has several other benefits. The back of the pin box cannot hit the truck sides, and the fiver tracks more like a TT when turning and backing.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear as I like the idea of the Revolution/Sidewinder hitch over a slider.

Do have another question about the Revolution hitch. With the pivot point now moved back 22 inches, does that effect the sway while towing? My guess is yes it will effect the towing and sway but not enough to notice.

DesertFiver
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Sidewinder, I switched from a manual slider and glad I did. I tow a 10,300 lb. MT 5th wheel with a Ram Short Bed. I can do 90 degree turns all day w/o a problem. 3 east coast trips from Tucson and 5 west coast to Portland. Its GREAT.

A Sidewinder and a Revolution are the same thing. It is called a Revolution when it comes as OEM equipment on a trailer. That is the only difference.