cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Remote duel fuel 2500 watt generator?

Duke-44
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any lightweight quiet generators like this out there. I am not sure what I am looking for. I have a small Honda 1500 watt now just wondering.
I actually would like something I could install in a 30 ft fiver garage.
21 REPLIES 21

Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not finding anything with a remote in that size. This is 2500W Peak on propane but only 1665 running watts.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Use case is critical.
- If you are just charging the batteries, making some coffee or watching some TV, your little 1500w is a great option.
- Once you want to run the air/con, something in the 3000w or better is my recommendation.

Yes, you can dink around and make a smaller generator work but it's hit and miss. We have a 2400w Yamaha and there are times, it struggles to get the air/con to start up.

The other issue with propane is the engines generally put out less power when on propane. So a 2400w generator may only be good for 2000w on propane.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Champion 4500/3500 Inverter generator that works for me. Weighs about 100 lbs with full gas tank, so is a bit on the heavy side.
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
For occasional and short term usage, LP is fine for a generator. The convenience and reliability make it worthwhile. If you need generator power for long term use (like air conditioning) youโ€™d be better off sticking with gasoline. You didnโ€™t say what your needs are, but those are the two ends of the spectrum.

Iโ€™ve got both ends covered with my built-in LP powered Generac, and my portable gasoline powered Yamaha 1000. The Generac occasionally gets used, typically for just 10-30 minutes. At 20 years old it only has about 125 hours on it. The Yamaha doesnโ€™t have an hour meter on it, but Iโ€™d bet it has hundreds, maybe even 1000โ€™s of hours on it.

I always appreciate being able to start the Generac from inside by just pushing a button though.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will burn a LOT of propane in a generator. Go thru a 20 lb bottle a day. Propane has much lower energy density compared to gasoline.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
You can find propane conversion kits for many of the Honda generators online, so if you're happy with the one you have, you may be able to convert it to dual-fuel.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Champion makes a 3500 inverter gen that meets most requirements, maybe not so lt wt, but has wheels.

Jerry