cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rv Gutter Spout Extensions...past rolled up awning...

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Team,

Due to the curvature of the front of the RV, our gutters (in the front) stop about 2 feet before the end of the awning.

When the awning is open, the water from the gutter flows onto the awing and rolls off the side. Not optimal but acceptable.

The problem is when the awning is rolled up. The water dumps onto the rolled up awning, runs out both sides, collects in the rolled up awning, etc. kinda makes a mess....

So my question is: Does anyone know a long enuff gutter extension that will extend the gutter spout beyond a rolled up awning? All the ones I can find are too short...

Thanks
Dan
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.
5 REPLIES 5

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
cruz-in wrote:
humm...interesting, clothespins...I am guessing you clip them to the spout and the water runs along them (due to adhesion or something like that) and drips off the end of the clothespin?

Exactly. Worked well for me. No extensions needed, no black streaks. I forgot to take them off before traveling and was surprised that they were still there doing their job. I used wooden ones.
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's it! Strangely enough it works well. I'm not sure that will clear the awning, but it would be a start. I have them on my (extended) spouts to keep the drips off of the side of the trailer, thus avoiding black streaks.

You might try something to extend the lower leg of the clothespin some, but I'm thinking it would not stay clipped on as well.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
humm...interesting, clothespins...I am guessing you clip them to the spout and the water runs along them (due to adhesion or something like that) and drips off the end of the clothespin?
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Pics by chance? I agree w/ the clothespins. Even w/ replacement spouts (longer gutters/ext) have place a clothespin on them and they stay on. Only time they come off is if they get whacked by a tree branch in CG or while washing. Always keep several in basement if need to replace while away from home.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
While you are looking-you might try putting clothepins on the downspouts. On my old 5fr they stayed on while traveling.
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.