cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sandpiper 5th wheels

gkidsdlite
Explorer
Explorer
I have been trying to find a website about the construction of a Sandpiper 5th wheel but can't seem to get anything!!! Any ideas folks?
7 REPLIES 7

nremtp143
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same rig as Marc(supercab79) and we love it. If you go over to the ForestRiverForums you will find that Sandpipers are quite common and the owners really like them. I have had 2 in 3 years and would buy another 365SAQ if anything happened to ours. Marc and I have talked quite a bit, and we agree, there is no better floor plan out there than a 365 for those if us with kids. Of course, you are going to hear bad things about them from some people, that's just the nature of it. I had problems with mine and FR stepped up and took care of it. I'm "golfmedik" over on that forum. Take a look and read a bit.
Happy Camping....
Monty
2016 Montana 3790RD, Legacy Edition, G614s, TST TPMS
2008 Thor Vortex 26FS
2013 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4, Edge CTS, B&W Companion, Viair 10007 Air System, Firestone Air Bags
2001 Excursion Limited 7.3L 4x4, V/B Springs
2001 Silverado 3500 DRW CCLB 8.1L/Allison 4x4

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Have had only a few minor issues repaired under warranty for our unit in our sig. Quality wise, seems as well built as any of the other units we looked at when purchasing ours. Good luck.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Supercab79
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on B.O.' s post.
06 Dodge 4x4 Mega Cab Laramie 5.9CTD
13 Sandpiper 365 SAQ
05 Chevy Tahoe LT
77 Ford F-250 4x4 Crew Cab Short Bed
79 Jeep CJ 7
GONE 3/6/07 BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
93 F-350XLT 4X4 4" Banks Sidewinder

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
old guy wrote:
I talked to a repair man once about FR 5th wheel. he told me he was walking up the steps by the toilet and turned around to go back down and he went right through the wall of the toilet. they, the rv dealer had to put in another one, very cheap and flimsy built in my opinion. the wall had no support, just a 1/4 inch paneling bowed around the toilet.
Sounds like a lot of bull to me. Ever try to walk through a piece of paneling, plywood or Masonite that's a 1/4 thick? Couldn't even walk through a piece of cardboard...Some of these stories are just so unreasonable. I bet there isn't any difference in the interior walls from one manufacturer to another across the board...

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Supercab79
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a Sandpiper 365 SAQ it did have a few small issues but nothing more than you read about with any other brand. Anyway go on the forest river forums site and select TT trailers then select sandpiper and fifth wheel and read away. I came out of a 1997 Holidsy Rambler that not only was I in love with but was a pre Monaco unit and built like a brick s#โ‚ฌ+ house . But 2 kids later and it was time for an upgrade. This unit is well built as far as today's standards are concerned and their floor plans r really nice. I can't speak about the other guys repairman falling through a wall but the interior walls of mine r 2x3 construction and haven't found anything overly flimsy other than all of the normal industry standard items used by every other manufacter. Frame and interior and structure normal.

forestriverforums.com/forums/f20/
06 Dodge 4x4 Mega Cab Laramie 5.9CTD
13 Sandpiper 365 SAQ
05 Chevy Tahoe LT
77 Ford F-250 4x4 Crew Cab Short Bed
79 Jeep CJ 7
GONE 3/6/07 BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
93 F-350XLT 4X4 4" Banks Sidewinder

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I talked to a repair man once about FR 5th wheel. he told me he was walking up the steps by the toilet and turned around to go back down and he went right through the wall of the toilet. they, the rv dealer had to put in another one, very cheap and flimsy built in my opinion. the wall had no support, just a 1/4 inch paneling bowed around the toilet.

02PSD
Explorer
Explorer
Trying going to www.forestriverinc.com and downloading the sandpiper brochure. hope this helps