Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sandpiper good or bad brand?

rcp123
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

I am looking to go from TT to a 5er.

DW had settled on a Sandpiper 372lok as it has the mid room with loft and an outdoor kitchen. I like the layout also

I am looking for opinions on whether the Sandpiper brand is good quality. We currently have a 2011 Jayco Eagle and have had no issues at all.

I would also be interested in any other layouts you can suggest that include both the mid room/loft and outdoor kitchen.

Many thanks,

Ryan
Ryan & Jessica
2 Kids
8 REPLIES 8

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
We've been happy with our Sandpiper since new in 2013. There have been little things that need to be addressed (just like almost any new camper) but nothing that has caused major headaches.
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

batavia02
Explorer
Explorer
the sandpiper and sierra are identical and are made side by side in the same building only differences are slight trim differences

High5er
Explorer
Explorer
IMHO Sandpiper and Columbus are the best bang for the buck. ( Both have outdoor kitchens but I'm not sure about anyone else having that unique loft) I know people that own both brands and have very few complaints. I myself went a little higher-end on my fiver and still wonder if I shouldn't have bought the Sandpiper. BTW, Columbus has it's own private community on Facebook which is a great way to see how people feel about them. To join their FB community just message them you are considering buying one and they will let you join.

Good luck!! :B

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Sandpiper 366FL and now have a Sierra 360PDEK, both made on the same line, and have been happy with both. Yes, we've had some first year issues but once corrected they've been good units. We are moving up to a Cardinal this summer though, hopefully our retirement unit.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

rcp123
Explorer
Explorer
Martyn wrote:
I see from your profile that you have a 2011 F250 6.2L SuperCrew.

You may want to think hard about getting a bigger truck for that rig - it is 2474 hitch weight and has a GVWR of 15500!!

More in F350 range. JMHO

Sorry, forgot to update profile.
Just bought a new GMC 3500 Diesel SRW. Love it and all the power.
Ryan & Jessica
2 Kids

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Martyn wrote:

You may want to think hard about getting a bigger truck for that rig - it is 2474 hitch weight and has a GVWR of 15500!!

More in F350 range. JMHO

2,474 is a published empty pin weight - a true estimate of the loaded pin weight (23% of the 15,500 GVWR for the RV) is 3,565 lbs. That's WAY too much for a 3/4 ton truck and clearly into 1-ton DRW territory.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Sandpiper good or bad brand?

Thats like asking is a Ford a bad or good brand. Choose the brand with a floorplan the wife gotta' have that fits the budget and fits the the tow vehicle weight specs and enjoy.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Martyn
Nomad
Nomad

More in F350 range. JMHO
2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website