cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

short bed truck

shiba88
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for input on Pullrite slide hitch or Reese Revolution pin box. Had one little mishap last season don't want to mess around anymore with manuel slide hitches. Going to put in one or the other. Ant input would be great thanks.
14 REPLIES 14

dave007
Explorer
Explorer
We've had SG for 8 years with no problems. Best investment you'll make if you have a shortbed. Love having the versatility of driving a shortbed.

Flapper
Explorer
Explorer
Just to give comments for the other side -
Using the Revolution means you can get by spending far less for a hitch. And also means saving a good bit of weight in the back of the truck. Both were important considerations for my smaller rig. And I really wanted a hitch that was manageable by me to take in and out of the truck, leaving the bed clear. Only two downsides to the Revolution I've found so far: It is critical to get a straight on shot to it when hooking up, or it can give you fits. And, when leaving it at a dealer, they pin the hinge point to make it easy for them to move around their lot - but it gets really, really bad if they forget to remove the pin before you hook up and drive off.....
2012 F150 Eco, 4x4, SCrew, Max Tow, HD Payload
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Ive had a SG for years. the older hitches required some maintaince. I just went to DRW truck, so dealer is selling my hitch. I loved the hitch, and its true, just pull and forget about it. You will love it.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

todouble
Explorer
Explorer
WWH wrote:
Super Glide and forget about it!

x2.... you wont regret it

WWH
Explorer
Explorer
Super Glide and forget about it!

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had the superglide on the last TV and it would be my choice again on a swb truck
Bob & Dianne
2016 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4 DRW D/A
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts
Emmy,Sassy and Flower our 4 legged kids

jbmoo
Explorer
Explorer
i bought a ram 2500 short bed in june, got a pullrite automatic slider in it. don't know much about all this as I am new to fifth wheeling, but it works great I think. at the time, they were the only co. or so I was told that had an application for the new frame of the 2013 ram.
jbmoo
2013 ram 2500 cummins
2004 hr savoy

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
What about Demco's? I also plan on getting a slider for my shortened when we move from our TT to a 5er and had been thinking about Pullrite until seeing the Demco's slider at a show a few weeks ago. Anyone have any experience with them?
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

jims1
Explorer
Explorer
Superglide!
Volvo dually Pickup
DRV Memphis
Me, Alie, and Salie
Fulltiming

wandering1
Explorer
Explorer
Get a long bed.
HR

shiba88
Explorer
Explorer
thanks I was kinda leaning that way

montanacummins
Explorer
Explorer
I have the superglide on my Dodge! Works like it says! Its the way to go if you don't want to worry! Only negitive thing I can say about it is it is a heavy hitch to put in the bed and take out when you are not using it! They have newer ones that look much lighter, but I can't speak about them! I have had it for 5 years and if I get another short bed truck it will be the hitch I get! Happy Camping!!!!
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW megacab 4X4, 5.9 Cummins, 48RE Auto, Pullrite Superglide 16K, P-3 controler, 2002 Keystone Montana 2880 RL,

I have the 18k super glide and feel that it is worth every penny!
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

kzspree320
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Pullrite Superglide that fits in industry standard rails. I like it a lot. I just act like I have a longbed and don't worry. Good luck.