cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sidexside license in 2 states

FireGuard
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm aware of California reg laws regarding green sticker etc.
I'm in Havasu now and envy the guys with street legal plates. I know there is no way to ride them on the road in Cal, but how can I ride on the streets in Havasu with a Cal green sticker only?
I don't want to deal with using an Az address and having a Ca drivers license.
Anyone doing this and what are the tricks or ways to make it work?
Would be looking at a Polaris Razor.
Thanks
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650
9 REPLIES 9

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
You can ride on a Cal green sticker for 30 days in AZ. That would be off road only. You have to do the other stuff to get street legal. I think you're right, a jeep would be the better way to go in your situation.

FireGuard
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, don't have it yet. I was thinking a Cal green sticker would allow me to ride in AZ.
My parents live in Iowa and spend a few months in Havasu at an RV park.
We talked about buying one together so he could use it here and I would take it to Ca the rest of the year.
However, considering the cost of a decent side by side, I think he would be better off getting an older Jeep to flat tow behind the motorhome and that would avoid any licensing issues.
Also, he would want a low power 4 seater where as I would go for the sporty 2 seater like a Razor.
Thanks for all the good info.
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
I thought you already had it in Cali. Sorry. You should have resciprosity with the AZ OHV tag, you just can't ride it on the street in Cali.

FireGuard
Explorer II
Explorer II
If I wee to buy it in Az and have them send the renewal to Cal, how would I get a Cal green sticker to be able to ride offroad in Cal?
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the DMV in Havasu, Parker is better, use your address where you are staying in AZ,take your title, have insurance, lighted license plate light, send renewal to your Ca. address. Renew on line. Cost you about $30.42 for MC plate and OHV sticker. Insurance runs about $160 or so a year for me thru State Farm. Keep your CA. green sticker current also. You will get an AZ. title.

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer
It is all very easy! Done it for years.

Just buy a street legal (Must have lights, horn and rear view mirror) rzr in havasu- when you buy it you don't need an AZ license or anything.

The AZ DMV will send the annual registration to your home in CA- you will need insurance from an gent licensed in AZ but again- they will send everything to your CA address.

Great thing about AZ is you can actually do your registration for as long as 5 years at a time so the whole process is really simple.
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
There is a way for NON residents to make their ATV/UTV legal in AZ, but there is NO way to be street legal with just your CA sticker. They do have reciprocity with states that issue "plates", but even then you MUST remove the ATV from the state every 30 days to be legal.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

BIKERK9
Explorer
Explorer
For those who are puzzled about
Red and Green California Stickers.

You could buy a street legal Polaris rzr or make one Street Legal. Kits are available.

Photo's of street legal RZRs
DoggyDaddy
2008 Damon Outlaw 37', WH-24, 8.1 GMC
Class A Toy Hauler
DoggyDaddy CommunityProfile

danoren
Explorer
Explorer
I do not have the answer but would go straight to the Arizona MVD
F-350 ,2006,XLT,SD,LB,EC,6.0LT,Auto,SRW.
5W Cruiser 2006 CF29CK Crossroad
RVing 4-5 months every summer since 2002.
P.A,Escapee club memeber,TomTom Go 5606
Website