cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spanking new.. problems..

hobbicam
Explorer
Explorer
Hope this is not the start of how this will go..

Picked up my 2014 LivinLite VRV toyhauler.. earlier this month, but due to the cold, the dealer had told me that it was already winterized so we did not get a chance to test much out. He told me that this coming spring, I can swing by and he can help me test it and unwinterized it. so that is the plan for the plumbing part.

Now, today we had some good weather up in the 50s.. sunny and it was a nice day to get out and play around with all the electricals.. I plugged the livinlite to shore power, tested the propane "furnace, stove top.. all seems to work.

I then went to turn on the Domestic brand (2 door) re-fridge and got an E3 error. From the manual it reads "The cooling unit has malfunctioned. Contact a Service Center"

now, off to email my dealer. I found another posting somewhere that had some bad stories on their unit. I hope I won't be singing the same song, just a different verse of it.

Arrrggg.

hobbicam..
Hobbicam Development
Aerial Video Safety Training
My Videos
37 REPLIES 37

hobbicam
Explorer
Explorer
If I can hear it light (flames), would it still be a valve issue?

Thanks

Hobbicam
Hobbicam Development
My Videos

Y-Guy
thebudman wrote:
It's all ball bearings nowadays. It could be a stuck Fetzer valve. You need to get yourself some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And about ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No- make that Quaker State

Make sure you quote G. Gordon Liddy correctly! 🙂

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

thebudman
Explorer
Explorer
Slated4Greatness wrote:
Make sure the LP is on and purged then listen for it to light. Unplug from shorepower for this. It sounds like it isn't "on" to me.

It could be a stuck Fetzer valve. You need to get yourself some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And about ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No- make that Quaker State
08 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab 6 sp manual
08 WW FK 2100
08 Rhino, 99 Honda TRX 400

Slated4Greatnes
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure the LP is on and purged then listen for it to light. Unplug from shorepower for this. It sounds like it isn't "on" to me.
2004 WW SLC3505
Truma tankless WH, 6V's, LEDs inside/out, Flipped axles Michelin LTX's.

2006 F350 Tow Boss W/Training wheels
(Bulletproofed) ARP's, Decked blk/heads, BPD Remote OC, EGR & WP, Snow H20, 4.30:1, SCT W/GH, FS bags, 6" Aus Stax, Train Horns.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
paulcardoza wrote:
Propane mode should be as good or better than electrical mode. That has been my experience with all previous rigs.

x2, better in fact.
bumpy

concur
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
paulcardoza wrote:
Propane mode should be as good or better than electrical mode. That has been my experience with all previous rigs.

x2, better in fact.
bumpy

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

hobbicam
Explorer
Explorer
Update: I was finally able to dodge the bad weather and schedule to take my rig back to the dealer. He replaced the unit and when I got there the temp was showing 36.

I took it for a 4 day trip, and tried it out.. seems that the propane does not do a good job. I had it plugged in at home before the trip, and it was at 36-39, on setting 5, and during the 45min trip to the camp site, I had it on propane. When I got to the campsite, it was up in the 45's. I tried to not plug in to shore power, to see if the temp would drop a bit... but 3 hours later, it would go up to 47.. but slowly. It was pretty level so I don't think it was a leveling issue.

I waited just a bit longer and decided to just plug it to shore power.. at that time, it started to go down slowly.

Was i impatient about the propane mode? Should I have waited a few more hours?

I am glad it works on power now.

Hobbicam
Hobbicam Development
My Videos

09KZMXT266
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the update hobbicam, and I'm glad they're taking care of you. Please let us know if the new frige fixes everything.
2014 KZ Inferno 3410T

Y-Guy
Good deal, warranty for the fridge is straight from the manufacturer of the fridge not LivinLite.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

hobbicam
Explorer
Explorer
Update: So my dealer has gotten a replacement re-fridge sent to him. I am not sure if LivinLite has any hand in it.. I don't get the feeling that LivinLite is involved. My dealer seems to be doing all he can and is planning on doing the replacement himself. Though he does not have a big enough indoor work area, he has access to one and now we are just waiting for a warmer day for me to hitch this up and taking to him.

Right now, we are just waiting on me to take it to him. Thanks for asking.

I will update when I get it down there. I believe that my dealer is doing his best. He seems to have genuine interest to take care.
Hobbicam Development
My Videos

09KZMXT266
Explorer
Explorer
Any updates?
2014 KZ Inferno 3410T

64thunderbolt
Explorer II
Explorer II
A dealer without a shop. WTH? Sounds like a middle man. I would be on the mfg like a cheap suit.
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Hoo boy- if you want action-which it sounds to me like you're not getting- CALL CAMPLITE!!!

Don't let this dealer schmooze you...he sold you a unit that doesn't function as it should. It's not your fault, and MAYBE it's not his fault either.

BUT:

How can the mfr. be expected to step up if they don't even know what's happening????
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien