cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions of a 5er TH wanted

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
We are shopping for our fulltime retirement rig. Here are some important amenities;

walk around queen bed
small to medium size walled garage
comfortable recliners
decor suitable to senior citizens
television/entertainment center at eye level when seated

Most of what we have found does not have comfortable seating such as a pair of recliners. Most also are somewhat tacky decorated which is suitable for NASCAR infield camping. We are not fans of bold designs.

We want a traditional appearing living space with comfortable furniture and a separate garage/workshop. This would be a quality built, reasonably priced unit in the 34' to 38' range. Our budget would probably be $85,000 or less.

Tow vehicle is not an issue as we will be buying a suitable new TV.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900
4 REPLIES 4

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
We have been full-timing in a GD 380TH for more than a year and have been happy with it. At the time we bought, it was the most livable of all the brands we researched that were available. At 42 1/2 feet, it is bigger than you mentioned. But, we wanted a larger unit since it would be our home. I cannot imagine losing another 5 feet of space. Anyway, it meets your other criteria. They also now have some smaller TH models you could look at, but the M Classes we've seen would not meet our needs.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

tmm2good
Explorer
Explorer
The 380th Grand Design meets your needs except for the length. This is the model we are looking at for retirement.
18 GD Momentum 376
13 GMC Denali Dually D/A
Motorcycles / ATV's

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Grand Design is one of the brands we are considering.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
When you say "full time" do you mean you're going to live in it full time? If so you'll want a VERY well built TH. Everyone raves about Grand Design and I will say they appear to be very nice but I've never examined the build quality as that's not my interest, they are pricey.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX