cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Switch panel lighting

Macman83
Explorer
Explorer
I just thought I would post this mod I did. I find that on my Voltage 3905 when I am setting up after dark, or when I am working on the trailer in the garage, I can't see the switch panel to turn on a light. To find the switch for the light inside the door, I have to use a flashlight that I always forget to bring with me. I know that some people have back lit the panel, but you still can't see everything clearly because of the rats nest of wiring that is behind it. My solution was to mount a nice little LED light above the panel under the TV shelf, that shines down on the panel and lights up everything in the entry door area. I also installed a magnetic switch on the switch panel access door, so that when you open the door, the light automatically comes on.

I ordered the light from Amazon for $13 LED light and I got the magnetic switches locally for $9, but here is a link to the switch Magnetic switch

This light is low profile, but bright, so that it will clear the panel access door. The hardest part is drilling the hole through the cabinet right up next to the shelf. Careful that you don't mark the underside of the shelf with the drill chuck. The next hardest part is finding the neutral and the power wires in all that mess of wiring. I mounted the light right next to the wall so that no wires would be exposed.

This worked so well that I also installed this same setup in the L/H storage compartment, and the light shines on my leveling jack control panel. I couldn't see that very well in the dark either.

This just helps these old eyes see things a bit better.

Moderators Edit: Adjusted photo width to 640 pixels per the forum guidelines. The Photo FAQ's has help & tips for posting photos.
2010 Ford F450 Superduty diesel
2013 Voltage 3905
3 REPLIES 3

Macman83
Explorer
Explorer
I would have also, but we use the compartment below to store a bunch of loose stuff that would fall out without it.
2010 Ford F450 Superduty diesel
2013 Voltage 3905

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Nice job - looks good.

I took the useless door off mine. Who ever thought of having to open a door to turn on a light switch?

cewing
Explorer
Explorer
Very Nice and looks good