Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How tall jack pads on landing gear

I recently had to put a lift on my FW in order for it to tow level. Now my jacks (landing gear and stabilizing jacks) have too far to travel to the ground. How tall of a jack pad can I put under my landing gear. I know I could put a redwood stump ...

don't buy an Attitude unless you want a bad attitude

just a vent thread. every **** thing on this trailer has broken or needed to be fixed before it broke. are all trailers built as poorly as attitude? if i charged Attitude $15 an hour for my time fixing stuff and parts, they would owe me close to $40,...

rockwind1 by Explorer II
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Sundowner, Featherlite, etc...toy haulers

I have been investigating these extensively, and while I would love to get a Sundowner since it may be the best toyhauler made, the companies really need to get it together. They need more standardized models equipped just like the standard rv manufa...

dannko by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Honey wagon storage

Right now i am keeping our honey wagon in our front compartment on our fifth wheel which takes up quite a bit of the available storage space. I see a lot of units with them strapped on ladders but dont want that.(wife) I'm looking at the rear area be...

Towing on 2010 ram 6.7 diesel

Hello all,Debating on getting a ram 2010 6.7 2500, Crew, 3.42 RFE. One model here has 130k miles.Planning on using it for 5th wheel RV towing.RV is about ~10k.According to rambodybuilder, payload is 2400 and towing capacity is under 10k (which are pa...

Bobroham by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Ducted AC return air in fivers

What mid level fiver brands have ducted rather than direct return air to the AC? Does that lower the sound very much? I don't like the high noise level of the direct air return ACs.

Moving to a fifth wheel thoughts and questions

We recently sold our camper and have decided to move to a fifth wheel. Our current truck is a 2002 Chevy 2500HD, 4x4, with 6.0 gas and 4.10 gears. Bed is 6.5' and the previous owner had a hitch in the bed (4 holes). Plan to travel mainly in the Ca...

packpe89 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

How often do you inspect Level-Up jacks?

I took my trailer back to storage after our last trip and when I got home I noticed one of the foot pads from my 6 point level-up jacks was in the gutter in front of my house. I was lucky it fell off right there at home. The bolt and o-ring were stil...

2005 Fleetwood Gearbox 355FS

I am new to the toy hauler game.I have not had any luck on the net looking for any info on the Fleetwood Gearbox.I know that that Fleetwood stop producing Toy Haulers in 2007.I was trying to see if there was any major issues that I need to be on the ...

mr300x11 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the best 5th. wheel hitch?

I am looking for opinions on 5th Wheel hitches. What are the 2 best 5th. wheel hitches?I tow a 34' Heartland Big Horn. I need at least a 18K but would like a 20K hitch?

Slide Out Awning Question

I have a 2017 Crusader Lite 28RL, and I am looking to order 2 slide out awning covers.The dinette side slide out has very little clearance on the right side (facing the rig) between the slide out and the patio awning arm. It appears that the bracket ...

Goodyear G614 tires discontinued?

We were just told these are being discontinued. Does anyone have any information about this, or its replacement? We have some on hold till Monday at $459 per tire installed. This seems high! Thanks.

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Is This Level Enough?

I'm new to 5th wheels and took this on a trip and even though it rode well it was too high in the front. I lowered the hitch 1 notch which looked to be 1" and it's still not level. The bottom in the front is about 2 1/2" higher than the bottom in the...

danrclem by Explorer
  • 43 replies
  • 0 likes