Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Handicap accessible toyhaulers

I'm looking to talk with people using toyhaulers for handicap traveling. My wife and I are looking at traveling for extended periods, 4-6 months at a time, using a modified toyhauler. An accessible enlarged bathroom with a roll-in show and grab bars ...

Nash 27-5l 50 amp ready?

I have a 2005 Nash 27-5l. Inside the battery box is a sticker that says 50 amp. It is wired for 2 ac's. My power shore cord is 30 amp cord. I was hoping I could just swap the 30 amp cord for a 50 amp cord and i would have 50 amp service. But when I l...

mr3117r by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Garage Mods

Looking for photos of your garage mods. Storage bins, racks, accessories, etc. We don't have hardly any storage on the outside or inside of our new Heartland Torque. We like everything about it except the storage.I hate stuff laying around in the flo...

lakebum by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

slideout topper

Had one, now have two slideout toppers that stop zlide from rollong out unless I smack the safety travel lever and it will roll 1 revolution and hangup again.....any suggestions for ontheroad repair or temp fix till get home?

tj0855 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Need advice choosing a hitch

Hello everyone,We just purchased a 2000 Freightliner FL60 to serve as the tow vehicle for our 2008 Teton Reliance....now I need tips on the hitch to install.The truck is basically a cab and chassis for now...probably will install a flatbed in the nea...

How tall jack pads on landing gear

I recently had to put a lift on my FW in order for it to tow level. Now my jacks (landing gear and stabilizing jacks) have too far to travel to the ground. How tall of a jack pad can I put under my landing gear. I know I could put a redwood stump ...

don't buy an Attitude unless you want a bad attitude

just a vent thread. every **** thing on this trailer has broken or needed to be fixed before it broke. are all trailers built as poorly as attitude? if i charged Attitude $15 an hour for my time fixing stuff and parts, they would owe me close to $40,...

rockwind1 by Explorer II
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Sundowner, Featherlite, etc...toy haulers

I have been investigating these extensively, and while I would love to get a Sundowner since it may be the best toyhauler made, the companies really need to get it together. They need more standardized models equipped just like the standard rv manufa...

dannko by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Honey wagon storage

Right now i am keeping our honey wagon in our front compartment on our fifth wheel which takes up quite a bit of the available storage space. I see a lot of units with them strapped on ladders but dont want that.(wife) I'm looking at the rear area be...

Towing on 2010 ram 6.7 diesel

Hello all,Debating on getting a ram 2010 6.7 2500, Crew, 3.42 RFE. One model here has 130k miles.Planning on using it for 5th wheel RV towing.RV is about ~10k.According to rambodybuilder, payload is 2400 and towing capacity is under 10k (which are pa...

Bobroham by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Ducted AC return air in fivers

What mid level fiver brands have ducted rather than direct return air to the AC? Does that lower the sound very much? I don't like the high noise level of the direct air return ACs.

Moving to a fifth wheel thoughts and questions

We recently sold our camper and have decided to move to a fifth wheel. Our current truck is a 2002 Chevy 2500HD, 4x4, with 6.0 gas and 4.10 gears. Bed is 6.5' and the previous owner had a hitch in the bed (4 holes). Plan to travel mainly in the Ca...

packpe89 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

How often do you inspect Level-Up jacks?

I took my trailer back to storage after our last trip and when I got home I noticed one of the foot pads from my 6 point level-up jacks was in the gutter in front of my house. I was lucky it fell off right there at home. The bolt and o-ring were stil...