Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Newbie needs help with roof

Made major mistake, now we will pay the price as I can not dump this off on someone else. Bought our first camper 5th wheel toyhauler (07 KZ). I'll try and keep this short. Purchased in Jan. with rv in storage lot, only a couple of feet on each side....

Worn out subject, wheels and tires

4 weeks ago had 2 year old Goodyear Marathon (bout 8M miles)blow at 67mph. $6300.00 in estimated damages. I decided to replace the factory aluminum wheels with steel since the rating of the factory aluminum wheel on it was a max rating of 3100 lbs. T...

EgorKC by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

tires, tires, tires

I have a fifth wheel that I plan on replacing all the tires. I rode on Maxxis for a few years (4) but did not have much luck with the two flats in two years. I am thinking of installing ST235/80R16-10ply, Goodyear Endurance. Does anyone have any e...

Ziphead2 by Explorer II
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Rubber roof

I have a 29ft. 5th wheel that I am going to b reroofing. I could use some assistance on finding 1/4" Foam Insulation Wrap that was previously on it. It sits on top of my aluminum frame, then has ply wood on top of it, then the rubber roofing. I can't...

Slideout seal repair

Not sure if this post is in the proper place. I have a 5er and on one of the slide outs the top seal is cracked in the corner and starting to tear. The remainder of the seal is fine, including the inner seal. Is there a way to patch this area so i...

joelc by Explorer III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Landing Gear and Stabilizers

Landing Gear and Stabilizers?I need help in a few things here.Since I am not completely familiar with terminology I will start here before my question. I believe the front 'legs' are technically "landing gear" and the rear legs are "Stabilizers". Is ...

Tony_B by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Pedestal Tables

So I did a bunch of searches for this question hoping someone had already asked it. If they did please let me know and I can delete this post. So we bought a 2017 Toy Hauler Dutchman 2905. It has tables with pedestal based. The salesman initially sai...

Hitches

Anyone know if I can put a hitch/receiver on my trailer that just has a plastic cover over the rear???

jterr by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

He's so confused

On my way up to Montana I saw a guy at a rest stop checking the air pressure in his 5th wheel trailer tires. Talking to him I learned he had a previous blowout and had replaced all tires with G rated tires. He told me the tires are stamped for max pr...

RV tires on cement

We are permanent campers and just had a pad poured. What is the best thing to use to put between the tires and Cement? Would those plastic blocks at camping world be strong enough for year round use?TIA

14fan by Explorer
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

Black tank burst

And some waste went into basement. Lucky I had emptied the poo the day before. What type of bacteria cleaner could I use to clean rug area of basement? And yes I was running black tank flush & got busy & it popped the seal. Live & learn.

5th Wheel Hitch Weight

Hey guys, my wife and I just bought our new 2017 Ram 3500 Dually diesel to tow our 2017 Grand Design Solitude 375 RES-R. Now we are trying to choose the right hitch for the combination.. We are looking into a Curt 20k lbs hitch, but want to be sure t...

eaw0913 by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Portable Surge Guard

Anyone have or used Technology Research 34850 50 Amp Portable Surge Guard? Never had any trouble, but I do not want any either.

carlson1 by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

portable floor A/C

Purchased a LG 12000 BTU floor model A/C for our fiver. Given the 120 degree heat when leaving AZ recently, we thought the trailer A/C could use a little help.Ducted the LG through vertical window at trailer entrance. Unit fits like a glove and sur...