cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Yall !!!

g4sbrg
Explorer
Explorer
well thanks again on your comments on posts I made during my pre-ownership weeks of a 5th wheel, Its official you unfortunate folks now have me driving down the road pulling a 5er and I hope not to give the group a bad name with my driving skills, spent over an hour on a pre-check of the used unit, he checked and set up my brakes and showed me how to adjust them, my used truck handled the weight no issue getting it home, I did not drag the drive while reversing into the driveway (and after awhile I may get my turn start point down) but it went in much easier than I expected. my two wheel drive did much better pushing the load up my gravel drive than I expected (I figured I would hit a point and sit and spin). I had to park it short of what I wanted couldn't see anything and had to get that 8 foot wide trailer thru a 10 foot space into the back. the next day I pick up some pretty good strap on towing mirrors which helped a Hugh amount. even though I was getting guidance from behind the mirrors gave me reference. first trip next weekend, spending this week with the rear view mirror turned up and using mirrors only, that's already start to help, not looking in the rear or turning the head to look through the back window. ANYWAYS THANKS AGAIN
5 REPLIES 5

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Congrats on the rig........enjoy it!

I use my in cab rear view mirror all the time when towing my 5vr.
Like to glance at it and check how 5vr is riding, how hitch is responding etc. when going over big bumps, rough spots-----you know them roads out there
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
As the new RV owner where ever you stay you are REQUIRED to cook a meal for your neighbors. See page 12 of the darsben new Rv'er guide.:B

See my Nom de plume
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Valkyriebush
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome and congrats on your rig. Save yourself a from a bad day and try to have a spotter when backing. I have seen folks that are pro's at this alone. As a newbie practice makes perfect.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

coachmen1955
Explorer
Explorer
well come //// have fun

coachmen1955
Explorer
Explorer
g4sbrg wrote:
well thanks again on your comments on posts I made during my pre-ownership weeks of a 5th wheel, Its official you unfortunate folks now have me driving down the road pulling a 5er and I hope not to give the group a bad name with my driving skills, spent over an hour on a pre-check of the used unit, he checked and set up my brakes and showed me how to adjust them, my used truck handled the weight no issue getting it home, I did not drag the drive while reversing into the driveway (and after awhile I may get my turn start point down) but it went in much easier than I expected. my two wheel drive did much better pushing the load up my gravel drive than I expected (I figured I would hit a point and sit and spin). I had to park it short of what I wanted couldn't see anything and had to get that 8 foot wide trailer thru a 10 foot space into the back. the next day I pick up some pretty good strap on towing mirrors which helped a Hugh amount. even though I was getting guidance from behind the mirrors gave me reference. first trip next weekend, spending this week with the rear view mirror turned up and using mirrors only, that's already start to help, not looking in the rear or turning the head to look through the back window. ANYWAYS THANKS AGAIN