cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think we have found it....Grand design Solitude 365 DEN

DeezPanthers1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi again everyone. So after looking at just about everything, we happen to come across Solitude 365 DEN , we think it may be perfect. We do have 3 kids and had been looking at bunkhouses, but really didn't like the small living space. We also looked at the mid bunk designs, but they didn't offer a 2nd bathroom or much storage in kids room. So then we found this. It has a living area for hubby and I to have a kid free area(after kids go to bed), but when we want to spend time together, we can hang out in the den (kids room), to watch a movie or play a game.

Ok so I want some opinions from seasoned RVers. Do you think this would work long term for kids? Are there some things that I should keep in mind? What is everyone's opinion on GD? I know they are pretty new, and that kind of worries me.
74 REPLIES 74

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
41 foot long will really limit where you can camp. Most state and national parks will be out of the question as well as many of the older but more reasonable RV parks.
pawatt

Family__Guy
Explorer
Explorer
Here are several bunkhouse models I've found with 1&1/2 baths and an outdoor kitchen:

http://www.lifestylelrv.com/page/249/385BH

http://www.westernrvcountry.com/inventory/408083/New-2015-Dutchmen-RV-Infinity-3710BH.aspx

http://www.westernrvcountry.com/inventory/445675/New-2015-Jayco-Eagle-Premier-375BHFS.aspx

http://www.haylettautoandrv.com/rv/coldwater+mi/crossroads+fifthwheel/5618/crossroads+redwood+cypress+38bhr

http://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Athens-RV-Sales-728570/listing/2015-Kz-Rv-Durango-D358BHK-112821951

http://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/RV-Supercenter-2819952/listing/2016-Forest-River-Blue-Ridge-F3715BH-115390584

http://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/RV-Land-2989766/listing/2016-Heartland-ElkRidge-38RSRT-114631560

http://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Haylett-Auto-%26-RV-Supercenter-2940398/listing/2016-Jayco-North-Pointe-375BHFS-115102998

http://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/American-Family-RV-2972100/listing/2015-Keystone-MONTANA-HIGH-COUNTRY-356BH-113952614

http://www.lifestylelrv.com/page/249/385BH

http://www.highlandridgerv.com/products/2016/open-range-3x/fifth-wheels/3X427BHS

I am looking for one without the outdoor kitchen, and here's what I've found:

Keystone Avalanche 360RB
https://bend.craigslist.org/rvs/5398986884.html

http://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Camper-Kingdom-2941350/listing/2013-Open-Range-OPEN-RANGE-427BHS-117106565

http://www.usedrvsforsale.us/detail/Used-2015-DYNAMAX-TRILOGY-37BH/IBHzUhWWBUIHhhCrIhW.html

I'd appreciate any other links to bunkhouses without the outdoor kitchen.

Thanks,

Family Guy

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
With a family of 5 how many weeks or months do you think you will make it before throwing in the towel? Chris

A family of 5 seems to be small to average for what I'm seeing. Lots and lots of families of 6+ do fulltime RVing in a variety of rig sizes.

Personally, it's just 4 of us- but adding one more doesn't change things.

As for the OP- I like the 365DEN. It's a shame that they got rid of it. You're finding everything that I'm finding- there just isn't a good floorplan that offers 1 1/2 baths, has an outdoor kitchen, and still has a bunkroom/house.

I've been kicking around drawing one up myself, but I wouldn't have anyone who would listen and take the idea on. I also debated the idea of picking a custom builder and having a go at it- but price-wise, it's a hard pill to swallow.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

FWBFL
Explorer
Explorer
I was comparing the Montana to the Solitude. I felt they were very close competitors, each had pluses and minuses. I was having trouble deciding until I ran the AC in each unit. The Solitude AC was unbearably loud compared to the Montana (Montana air return is fully via duct work - Solitude return air is direct into the unit).

2008Wildcat
Explorer
Explorer
Many differences in a HC vs Solitude.

Thinner walls, shorter slides, not a wide body, very different R values, electric vs hydraulic leveling.
2013 Columbus 320RS
2011 RAM 3500 Outdoorsman SRW 6.7 Cummins- tweaked!

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Well heck they must of changed that this year with the Level up because I did not see it on the option list and if they are now on the 12in frame this year like the Big brother Legacy the Heck with the GD Solitude they are still on a 10in frame and with the same cheaper Furrion/Jensen DVD/stereo and whatever cheap TV they are using now and no rear cap etc..just like the High Country now shoppers can save their money and buy a Montana High Country instead of the GD Solitude if you do not mind the Fake wood on the HC:B
NWKomfort350 wrote:
NWKomfort350 wrote:
topjimmy wrote:
Nothing wrong with a Montana HC and to tell ya the truth they are not far off being about the same as a Solitude BUT there is a reason they weigh less than a Solitude or My Montana Legacy and the Montana High Country's cost ALOT less and No the CRE3000 is not better than the Equa-flex and since when did the H/C go with a 12in frame ??? they have always been 10in, their Big brother the Legacy is on a 12in frame,Solitudes have 6 point auto level,better insulation and the list goes on on :B
topjimmy wrote:
The Solitude has Real wood cabinets ,better suspension ,better pin box,nicer furniture,beefier frames and axles just to name a few,it's like comparing a Cadillac to a Chevy, not that a Chevy is bad but you get the Idea
NWKomfort350 wrote:
topjimmy wrote:
The Montana High Country's are nice 5er's BUT your are looking at GD Solitudes and The Montana HC is Montana's "entry" level 5er that is like the GD's Reflection line, The Solitude competes with the Montana Legacy and Heartland Big Horn Etc...

What makes the Solitude better than a Montana HC?
I've been mostly looking at Montana HC and OR Roamer.
I don't think the den floorplan is for my family, personally.
I will go traditional bunk or Mid bunk.

Hard to find out about furniture without calling or seeing both in person.

Montana HC has a 12" drop frame.
Solitude has a ?" Drop frame.

HC has Mor/Ryde 3000
Solitude has equa-flex.
I was under the impression Mor/Ryde was better.

Both have 7k axles and 16" tires.

The money you save on a HC you can buy any pin box.

I prefer Chevy to Cadillac anyway. :B

Montana High Country frame depends on each model. Without searching, I cant remember, but I think it is any model GVWR over 14k.
It was 2015 I believe.

Also, every High Country I have shopped has a 4 or 6 point level up. :B
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

NWKomfort350
Explorer
Explorer
NWKomfort350 wrote:
topjimmy wrote:
Nothing wrong with a Montana HC and to tell ya the truth they are not far off being about the same as a Solitude BUT there is a reason they weigh less than a Solitude or My Montana Legacy and the Montana High Country's cost ALOT less and No the CRE3000 is not better than the Equa-flex and since when did the H/C go with a 12in frame ??? they have always been 10in, their Big brother the Legacy is on a 12in frame,Solitudes have 6 point auto level,better insulation and the list goes on on :B
topjimmy wrote:
The Solitude has Real wood cabinets ,better suspension ,better pin box,nicer furniture,beefier frames and axles just to name a few,it's like comparing a Cadillac to a Chevy, not that a Chevy is bad but you get the Idea
NWKomfort350 wrote:
topjimmy wrote:
The Montana High Country's are nice 5er's BUT your are looking at GD Solitudes and The Montana HC is Montana's "entry" level 5er that is like the GD's Reflection line, The Solitude competes with the Montana Legacy and Heartland Big Horn Etc...

HC has Mor/Ryde 3000
Solitude has equa-flex.

Montana High Country frame depends on each model. Without searching, I cant remember, but I think it is any model GVWR over 14k.
It was 2015 I believe.

Also, every High Country I have shopped has a 4 or 6 point level up. :B
Chris & Stephanie
2 kids - 1 boy / 1 girl
Winston (boxer)
2016 Open Range Roamer 367BHS
13 F350 6.7 CREW LONG BED SRW
B & W Patriot

02 F350 7.3 SC LB SRW - SOLD
2014 Keystone Cougar 281BHS - SOLD

NWKomfort350
Explorer
Explorer
topjimmy wrote:
topjimmy wrote:
NWKomfort350 wrote:
topjimmy wrote:

HC has Mor/Ryde 3000
Solitude has equa-flex.

It was 2015 I believe.
Chris & Stephanie
2 kids - 1 boy / 1 girl
Winston (boxer)
B & W Patriot

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
topjimmy wrote:
NWKomfort350 wrote:
topjimmy wrote:

HC has Mor/Ryde 3000
Solitude has equa-flex.

2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

NWKomfort350
Explorer
Explorer
A nice rv with an interesting floor plan.

Lifestyle LS395SH kids room
Chris & Stephanie
2 kids - 1 boy / 1 girl
Winston (boxer)
B & W Patriot

jsr21
Explorer
Explorer
Solitude is a 101" widebody

NWKomfort350
Explorer
Explorer
topjimmy wrote:
NWKomfort350 wrote:
topjimmy wrote:

HC has Mor/Ryde 3000
Solitude has equa-flex.

Chris & Stephanie
2 kids - 1 boy / 1 girl
Winston (boxer)
B & W Patriot

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
NWKomfort350 wrote:
topjimmy wrote:

NWKomfort350
Explorer
Explorer
topjimmy wrote:

Chris & Stephanie
2 kids - 1 boy / 1 girl
Winston (boxer)
B & W Patriot