cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tires

NancyLepri
Explorer
Explorer
I am interested in getting new tires for my truck and trailer. I am thinking Michelin Defenders. Don't know about what size for 5'r yet cause its in storage. Any views? Any brand? I only use it three weeks of the year and the bridgestones are cracked. I now have tire covers to help with that problem.
24 REPLIES 24

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Also if 15" rims check this steel belted 5 rib tire at Tires Easy.com, $85 per tire.
Gladiator QR25-TS Trailer ST225/75R15 E/10PR BSW

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
If its gross is under 10k, and has 15" wheels, then 225/75 Kenda Carrier LRE 10 ply are a good choice at $100 a tire from Trailer Tires and Wheels.

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Starting my 3rd year of full timing with Maxxis 8008, Load Range E tires on my fiver. No problems.

Just put 6 Michelin Defenders on my F350, replacing the OEM Generals. I have run nothing but Michelins for about 45 years now. Have never failed me. I would not run a different brand, even if they were given to me free.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
djgarcia wrote:
Good Year G614 "G" rated tires is my choice for the last 10years. The "G" rated replaced the "E" rated and it was equally as good.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
G614 "G" rated tires is my choice for the last 10years. The "G" rated replaced the "E" rated and it was equally as good.

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you only use the RV three weeks a year I'm not surprised the tires are cracking. Supposedly (think I read it somewhere; I have no proof), the tire compounds benefit from tire movement. I've used tire covers in the past with no discernable benefit. For the trailer, take a look at Goodyear G614s and Sailuns, both of which have a good rep. For the TV, all I can tell you is every time I go away from Michelins I get disappointed.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

MainerBob
Explorer
Explorer
Just got home from winter trip to Texas with my new Maxxis 8008 and they were flawless. Never needed air for the 5K miles or so we towed. Now on the second set of Michelin LTX M+S2's on the truck and they gave me great service, too. Only knew about Maxxis from reading this list. Previous tires were Marathons.
2007 Keystone Everest 293P, 32'
2006 Silvarado 2500HD Duramax, SRW, CC, Short Bed, 4x4
Sidewinder,16K Draw-Tite Slider
Chloe, Standard Poodle
Charlie, Tibetan Terrier

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
NancyLepri wrote:
I am interested in getting new tires for my truck and trailer. I am thinking Michelin Defenders. Don't know about what size for 5'r yet cause its in storage. Any views? Any brand? I only use it three weeks of the year and the bridgestones are cracked. I now have tire covers to help with that problem.

Post the year and model of your FW and someone here will know what tires you have, assuming they're factory-original.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
you can search 'tires' in the subject line and be here reading all day. It's the most popular subject on here.

How true, tho if I had to guess I'd say Goodyear Marathon tires have the slightly better reputation out of a bad lot of other brands.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
you can search 'tires' in the subject line and be here reading all day. It's the most popular subject on here.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman