cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ugh...too nose high?

stro1965
Explorer
Explorer
First tow with the new TV. How bad does it look?
2018 Ram DRW 3500 6.7
2019 Keystone Alpine 3021
41 REPLIES 41

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
tinner12002 wrote:
I had a similar look on my tri-axle toyhauler, I took some heavy wall square tubing the same width as my springs and made some spacers to go under my springs and on top of axle perch using longer u-bolts to raise mine up. Just like using lifting blocks in a truck lift kit. Works great! I feel my setup is much better, stronger, safer than longer shackles!

Sure looks like the easy solution if one only wants 1-2 inches , other then you, we don't see anyone mention your method.

Cutting off the shackles welding on a spacer then welding the shackles on sure seems like the long way around getting lifted a couple inches. Replacing the u-bolts with longer ones ,and using a square tube for a lifting block , sure can't see a problem with that. Pretty inexpensive if doing it yourself, and just buying new u-bolts.

I would imagine there comes a point on how much one can block up the axles, but to me extending the shackles with an alignment kit gives it a chance for more side movement in the shackles, pretty much the same as just adding longer shackles, which IMO is not the way to go.

gtsum
Explorer
Explorer
I might have to do the same thing as the OP...that correct track thing looks like it would work well, and not real pricey at all
2015 Fuzion 345 Chrome
2014 Ram Megacab 3500 CTD Laramie

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar look on my tri-axle toyhauler, I took some heavy wall square tubing the same width as my springs and made some spacers to go under my springs and on top of axle perch using longer u-bolts to raise mine up. Just like using lifting blocks in a truck lift kit. Works great! I feel my setup is much better, stronger, safer than longer shackles!
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

MJO21
Explorer
Explorer
Specularius wrote:
I have pulled mine for 10,084 miles with it nose high like in the picture and have not seen any ill effects. I weighed it ready to go and checked each tire weight on the camper and they all within 200 pounds of each other. My trailer has the Mor-ryde rubber equalizer. Here is a picture that shows how far out of level it is:

Your TV is bigger than my 5er!!! I like it!!!!! Looks like a smooth ride!!!

rtazz17
Explorer
Explorer
Specularius wrote:
I have pulled mine for 10,084 miles with it nose high like in the picture and have not seen any ill effects. I weighed it ready to go and checked each tire weight on the camper and they all within 200 pounds of each other. My trailer has the Mor-ryde rubber equalizer. Here is a picture that shows how far out of level it is:

lol,not for nothing but look what your pulling that with.Your truck is much much more forgiving on wether its nose high or not.You could drag it sideways in that thing and not feel it.lol

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Specularius wrote:

Not being out of level as much as yours, but a bit, and a little more with the new truck, then my previous truck. Have never really heard what the problem is towing out of level, never have had any problems in 9 years I have been towing fifth wheels. Three with the previous truck, and one with the new one.

Specularius
Explorer
Explorer

2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 Scorpion Diesel Reese Ford Hitch
2014 Grand Design Momentum 355TH

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
jevanb wrote:
me again^^^, I see the hanger support mod but cant remember where, do you have a link

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

jevanb
Explorer
Explorer
me again^^^, I see the hanger support mod but cant remember where, do you have a link
2006 CC 4x Lbz,

2012 Wildcat 344QB
Pullrite Superglide

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Time for the the addition of a subframe between the trailer frame and spring hangers. While they are at it, have them install 2"x2" square tubes side to side. Chris

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Woody69
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:
352 wrote:
Let out some air in the back tires. That should level it out.
That would make the tail lower....

Ken

I'm sure he was kidding, but meant the rear tires of the TV...
2004 31' Gulf Stream Prairie Schooner 5er

lillyputz
Explorer
Explorer
The safest way to tow is level, no two ways about it.

Lillyputz
Lillyputz

Two beagles. Lilly & Zuri

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
352 wrote:
Let out some air in the back tires. That should level it out.
That would make the tail lower....

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

stro1965
Explorer
Explorer
I like the look of that alignment kit, assuming 2 inches is enough. I'll take all the measurements in a few days when I hook up to leave.
2018 Ram DRW 3500 6.7
2019 Keystone Alpine 3021

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
A flat bed may be in your future. I wouldn't be comfortable with it riding high.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman