cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRV (Livin Lite) 6x15

kltk1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks. It's been a while since I've been here. Looks like I'll be getting back into the RV lifestyle, gladly. I'm looking at the Livin Lite Quicksilver VRV 6x15. As it's going play double duty as a storage vehicle as well as a travel companion this is the trailer we've decided on. We might go 8.5x16 but they seem very tough to come by.

The reason for my post is that it seems I can't find any dealer within 750 miles of me in Parsippany, NJ (07054) that has a 6x15 in stock for us to look at before making the final decision to purchase. Any chance there's someone within 350 miles of me that has a 6x15 or an 8.5 x 16 that would let us come look at it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to message me here or email me at kltk1@hotmail.com

Thanks again!
30 REPLIES 30

4monkeys
Explorer
Explorer
Good choice. I love our VRV but the 6x15 lack of storage (and available space to add any) is a huge obstacle that you have avoided. I have often said I'd give my right arm for 2 more feet of length or 1 foot of width.
What good fortune to be able to get into both sizes side by side!
Enjoy your summer in it!!!

09KZMXT266
Explorer
Explorer
kltk1 wrote:
Ok, here's the update. I was able to compare a 6x15 with a 7x18 today, side by side. When I first stepped in to the 6x15 it was clearly apparent how much smaller in stature it was to the 7x18. However, that turned out to NOT be a problem at all as we both felt very comfortable in it. It would certainly fit our needs. As discussed earlier, the bathroom was going to be the deciding factor for us. And, as it turns out, the bathroom was more than ok for both of us. The shower stall is tight, for sure, but I wasn't uncomfortable, or cramped with the door closed. There's more space than you might think when using the commode and we certainly didn't mind this bathroom at all. We were pretty excited as the 6x15 was turning out to be a hit. We then stepped in to the 7x18 and immediately noticed the difference in size. That 1 extra foot of width makes a tremendous difference. So much so, we were kicking around the idea of seeing what it would cost to have the 6x15 made at 7' wide. The bathroom on the 7x18 is ok but, believe it or not, I actually preferred the commode on the 6x15. While the shower stall on the 7x18 was significantly more user friendly, the commode is so close to the wall that your right should is pressing against the wall. While considering the 7x18 we simply felt that the 6x15 was a better fit for our purposes and were going pretty strong on that model. We then went back to the 6x15 and were considering how we would be using it and setting it up for our needs. As a motorcyclist the trailer will be used for travel occasionally and while we were looking for places to hang our riding gear at the end of the day there was VERY little space to hang anything. Then, where do we store our helmets? And boots? There wasn't enough available wall space to have a decent size shelf to accommodate two helmets. Not to mention storage for pots, pans, utensils, toiletries etc, etc.

In the end, we went back inside the 7x18 and found tremendous possibilities for adding storage for riding gear and other living needs while on the road. And as we're having a trailer made for us, we noticed the newer 7x18 trailers have the commode positioned at an angle in the bathroom providing a little more room. As such, the 7x18 is the size we decided is the best trailer that fits our needs.

Thanks to everyone for your responses and I hope someone finds our experience helpful.

Congrats! I think you made a good choice. The extra room is nice for sure. That's why I'm considering going from a 619 to something bigger.
2014 KZ Inferno 3410T

kltk1
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, here's the update. I was able to compare a 6x15 with a 7x18 today, side by side. When I first stepped in to the 6x15 it was clearly apparent how much smaller in stature it was to the 7x18. However, that turned out to NOT be a problem at all as we both felt very comfortable in it. It would certainly fit our needs. As discussed earlier, the bathroom was going to be the deciding factor for us. And, as it turns out, the bathroom was more than ok for both of us. The shower stall is tight, for sure, but I wasn't uncomfortable, or cramped with the door closed. There's more space than you might think when using the commode and we certainly didn't mind this bathroom at all. We were pretty excited as the 6x15 was turning out to be a hit. We then stepped in to the 7x18 and immediately noticed the difference in size. That 1 extra foot of width makes a tremendous difference. So much so, we were kicking around the idea of seeing what it would cost to have the 6x15 made at 7' wide. The bathroom on the 7x18 is ok but, believe it or not, I actually preferred the commode on the 6x15. While the shower stall on the 7x18 was significantly more user friendly, the commode is so close to the wall that your right should is pressing against the wall. While considering the 7x18 we simply felt that the 6x15 was a better fit for our purposes and were going pretty strong on that model. We then went back to the 6x15 and were considering how we would be using it and setting it up for our needs. As a motorcyclist the trailer will be used for travel occasionally and while we were looking for places to hang our riding gear at the end of the day there was VERY little space to hang anything. Then, where do we store our helmets? And boots? There wasn't enough available wall space to have a decent size shelf to accommodate two helmets. Not to mention storage for pots, pans, utensils, toiletries etc, etc.

In the end, we went back inside the 7x18 and found tremendous possibilities for adding storage for riding gear and other living needs while on the road. And as we're having a trailer made for us, we noticed the newer 7x18 trailers have the commode positioned at an angle in the bathroom providing a little more room. As such, the 7x18 is the size we decided is the best trailer that fits our needs.

Thanks to everyone for your responses and I hope someone finds our experience helpful.

kltk1
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent information. Thanks Guys. Hoping to see the 6x15 next week. That will tell me everything I need to know.

4monkeys
Explorer
Explorer
When we bought ours, the engineering fee started at $1,000. I can't remember what I asked for, but I was told any customization change like that they charged $1,000 for re-engineering fee alone.

TommyC83
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like they put up a forum the other day. Seems like it'll be a great place to get info.

http://livinlite.proboards.com/

Tommy

TommyC83
Explorer
Explorer
kltk1 wrote:
Thanks a lot for the heads up. Spoke to Livin Lite today and they told Me to work with my local dealer to submit what I want and they will price it out and build it. That's a huge plus in their favor. They did say there would be an "engineering charge ". I'm curious to see how much that will be. As Livin Lite no longer makes a 7x18 I may wind up with a VRV XTR 7x18 instead.

If you are to build off of something that already have plans for (7x18) I highly doubt there would be an engineering fee. But if there was I'm sure it'd be reasonable. They don't have it listed on the site yet but ask them about the Bearcat line. They had a 7x20 at a show out here and it was pretty cool that could be shortened up to 18' easily.

What they told me is they can easily take any floor plan and then adjust the length/width of the trailer to accommodate your specific needs. For example on mine I eliminated a front cabinet which allowed me to rotated the bathroom 90* and gain and extra 2.5' of wide open cargo space. I was also able to select axles, beds, tipouts, couches aswell as eliminate things I didn't want like a seperate sink in the bath.

09KZMXT266
Explorer
Explorer
kltk1 wrote:
Thanks a lot for the heads up. Spoke to Livin Lite today and they told Me to work with my local dealer to submit what I want and they will price it out and build it. That's a huge plus in their favor. They did say there would be an "engineering charge ". I'm curious to see how much that will be. As Livin Lite no longer makes a 7x18 I may wind up with a VRV XTR 7x18 instead.

Getting VRV XTR wouldn't be a bad thing. Reach out to Tom Brawley the owner. They have a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/VRV-Lightweight-Cargo-Toy-Haulers/279747078718449?ref=br_tf

Good Luck
2014 KZ Inferno 3410T

kltk1
Explorer
Explorer

kltk1
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent. Thanks. Didn't know they would do that.

TommyC83
Explorer
Explorer
Contact livin lite directly. They will build to your specs within reason. I just put a deposit on a 8.5x24 that has a "custom" layout and they have been awesome to work with.

kltk1
Explorer
Explorer
I really wish Livin Lite was still making the 7x16. I think that's the fair compromise between the 7x18 and 6x15. As I can't find any information about that model on the net, it's hard to know if the bathroom on the 7x16 is any bigger than a 6x15. For my needs a 7x18 will work ok, I just want a small footprint. At 5'11" and 215 lbs, I'm not huge but not small either. As noted above, I'm expecting to wind up in a 7x18. And while a 6x18 would work, I'm figuring that if I'm going to 18', why not add the extra foot of width?

09KZMXT266
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, i am 6'4" 245 and have no trouble showering in my 619. Now, i wish i could say the same for banging my head on doorways and the bathroom cabinet.
2014 KZ Inferno 3410T

4monkeys
Explorer
Explorer
Let me say this, too, about the shower in our 6x15 -- we have a male friend who's a pretty big guy - tall and husky. When we bought our trailer and we were showing it to him, I noticed that I literally don't think he could fit in the bathroom. There's no way he'd be able to take a shower in there. He wouldn't be able to turn around for sure.