cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vrv toyhauler

squirtdog
Explorer
Explorer
I am thinking of getting a VRV toyhauler. My total weight with gear,water,propane etc and weight of trailer should be about 6000lbs. I have heard that the tongue weight is about 10 to 15% of total weight. Is this correct? I should mention the the models I am looking at have a tongue weight of 650lbs. Any info would be appreciated. I have dodge 2500 diesel that has a hitch rated for 1200lbs tonge weight. Thanks-Don
140 REPLIES 140

cbigham
Explorer III
Explorer III
No, but you'd need to rhino line it to keep the water from getting in from outside or from leaking between the aluminum planks, walls, glues for the side wall composites, wiring, gas piping, etc. That stuff will still corrode. You'd also rather not have moisture between the planks left over from a clean out incompletely dry. A short trip later to the local mountains and you get freeze, thaw...in Geo we call it "frost wedging" 😄 it ain't good. Rhino lining would be warmer too.

09KZMXT266
Explorer
Explorer
cbigham wrote:
aemedic wrote:
cbigham wrote:
Nice trailers. Seem netter built than the forest river work play series. Interested.no dealer network in SOCAL? I see videos on YouTube of folks selling them. Will they make one capable of carrying a rzr800, a dirt bike and a 76 inch long street bike?

They will custom build anything you want, within reason...

Thanks, appex and vrv r same company? Don't see a generator or fuel station provision but like the idea. Custom ? No bueno, was hoping to find one close to my needs used! Save some sheckles..

Wonder how warm they are in 12 deg weather. Also would be nice to rhino line the floor for insulation and true hose out ability.

I wouldn't call a VRV a 4-season camper, so 12 degrees is probably not good for it.
You don't need to Rhino line it to hose it out as the floor is aluminum.
2014 KZ Inferno 3410T

cbigham
Explorer III
Explorer III
aemedic wrote:
cbigham wrote:
Nice trailers. Seem netter built than the forest river work play series. Interested.no dealer network in SOCAL? I see videos on YouTube of folks selling them. Will they make one capable of carrying a rzr800, a dirt bike and a 76 inch long street bike?

Thanks, appex and vrv r same company? Don't see a generator or fuel station provision but like the idea. Custom ? No bueno, was hoping to find one close to my needs used! Save some sheckles..

Wonder how warm they are in 12 deg weather. Also would be nice to rhino line the floor for insulation and true hose out ability.

aemedic
Explorer
Explorer
cbigham wrote:

Chris

2004 Bluebird Wanderlodge M380

cbigham
Explorer III
Explorer III

09KZMXT266
Explorer
Explorer
Update on the fender light...

There are square bit screws in the frame housing. I took the out, lifted the light, and there are two wires running onto the back or bottom of the light. Not sure how to fix or get into the light to remove the bulb. Oh Well, I'll just try to have the dealer fix it along with some other stuff.
I'm camping now and I found one of my tent pop outs is pulling away from the frame. The canvas is attached to some plastic which is cracked and split into two strips. Now I have a hold in the top corner of the tent about the size of a softball.
Another issue is my fan vent over the sink will not open. Fan works, but vent won't open.
I need to find a servicer in St. Louis to fix it all. 😞
2014 KZ Inferno 3410T

aemedic
Explorer
Explorer
09KZMXT266 wrote:
Does anyone know what type of lamp or bulb goes in the light atop the fender? One of my fender running lights is out. Oh, and how to get the old one out to replace it? I haven't looked at it closely yet, but off the top of my head don't know how to open to replace the lamp.

While I can't help, I wonder if most of your lights, like mine, are not LED? The only LEDs on mine are the tail lights. I am likely going to replace all of the housings with LED housings from E-Trailer. I have a couple burned out, one is corroded and if you bang on it, it will work for awhile...
Chris

2004 Bluebird Wanderlodge M380

09KZMXT266
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know what type of lamp or bulb goes in the light atop the fender? One of my fender running lights is out. Oh, and how to get the old one out to replace it? I haven't looked at it closely yet, but off the top of my head don't know how to open to replace the lamp.
2014 KZ Inferno 3410T

maddsilence
Explorer
Explorer
09KZMXT266 - thanks for the input. I hear good things, but I want to be sure before buying a toy hauler blindly. I am hoping to pick one up at the end of the month.

09KZMXT266
Explorer
Explorer
maddsilence wrote:
I'm looking and purchasing a VRV from VRV Inc. and I would appreciate any input on how working with Tom was and if the overall purchasing process was satisfactory.

I bought Tom's 619 from him last year. Nice guy. I picked it up my self and he did the whole pre-delivery inspection with me himself. I'd buy another one from him any day and may since I'm thinking about going larger. Good luck in your search.
2014 KZ Inferno 3410T

maddsilence
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking and purchasing a VRV from VRV Inc. and I would appreciate any input on how working with Tom was and if the overall purchasing process was satisfactory.

hobbicam
Explorer
Explorer
now you have had a chance to use it.. what would you have added or could have lived without. We are planning on putting our order in this coming Saturday.

Does 30amp/50amp really matter if I would be using power tools from shore plug? Wondering how it would effect the 15ton AC if I go crazy with power tools during hot days and running AC.

I have not been able to find any helmet racks that are advertized.. any pictures out there?

How about generator options? Anyone carry one with them? or Solar on the roof?

Thanks in advance.

hobbicam
Hobbicam Development
Aerial Video Safety Training
My Videos

Carrera_man
Explorer
Explorer
Well I guess I should give my update.
Received my unit in Feb of this year and we have somewhere around 20K on it so far.
The only real problem we had was with the optional fridge. I say optional because this is not the same type they install in most of there other trailers. Its quit a bit larger and it's a two door model. We had problems with it while on the road when it was hot out in Montana as it was over heating and throwing fault codes. With the advice of a older RV tech we installed an automatic fan and some aluminum sheeting that's used to deflect heat out of the back of the unit. Since we have done that we no longer have any problems with the fridge.
The two other problems we had with the trailer were the antenna on the booster was improperly connected and the radio was defective. Both items easily fixed. Outside of this, the trailer has been bullet proof. Glad we ordered the two A/C option. The bedroom A/C is much quieter then the main A/C unit. When they both run together they can drop the inside temp of the trailer 30 degrees in about 20 min. even when the temps are close to triple digits outside. Once we cool it with the two we then pretty much use the bedroom air to keep it that way.
The only real negative thing I really found with this VRV is the bedroom mattress is real crap. Since this has to be custom made I'll be searching for a replacement this winter.
After owning a DP motorhome before this trailer with the cost of repairs in the $42K range in the five years of ownership it's been a very big change in the RV experience to say the least. My truck and this trailer are rock solid, I should have done this years ago! You will not go wrong buying a Livin Lite Rv, they truly are one of the best if not the best RV's in their class. Worth every penny I paid for it and now with Thor being the parent company the dealer network should be greatly increased. Oh, I get 7.8 MPG with my Chevy 6.0 towing it.
2008 Chevy 2500 Crew Cab 6.0 gas, 2013 Audi A5 Q, 2013 VRV 26FB Toy Hauler by Livin Lite , Triumph 1200 Explorer

09KZMXT266
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the upsate. The A/C is very loud, but my Wife says it drowns out my snoring. I got 11 mpg on my last trip towing with my F150 Ecoboost V6.
2014 KZ Inferno 3410T

Stevepro172
Explorer
Explorer
Just an update after 4 camping trips and 1 motocross race on the 8.5x22 VRV.

Radio - Had to fix the metal tabs that hold the radio into the chassis as the radio fell out twice.

Outside porch light - stop working, not the bulb, haven't had time to look at it.

Black water tank is only 10 gallons. Not a big deal if at a campground but sucks if dry camping. Only got 2 days of it.

A/C and heater, both loud but otherwise work great.

Refrigerator - takes 3 days to cool off but then it works fine. I'm told this is normal.

Outside of these small problems we love it. We get so many people asking about it and wanting to come see it.

Oh yeah, one more thing, with my RAM1500 Hemi it pulls fine but I only get 8MPG towing it!