cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washer/Dryer Combo??

ENG2242
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to purchase a unit for my RV. I would appreciate any input regarding Brands and options. Anny help would be appreciated. Thank-you, David
David Hartmann
2018 Bighorn 3870FB
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD 5.9
Prodigy 2
Auto-Slide Hitch
Firestone Air-Bags
18 REPLIES 18

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
New 16 MS on order will have side by side Whirlpool washer and 220V dryer. 6500 Cummins gen will operate dryer if in a 30A park and want to dry clothes.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

5erNo_Ob
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a new 5er and had the Splendide combo installed. At first we were freaking out because the machine was hopping all over the place. Come to find out the installer forgot to remove the shipping tabs from around the drum. Now that the machine is correct, my wife keeps up with our laundry daily and when im home from work I cant even hear it running. It works very well and is very quiet.

farside291
Explorer
Explorer
We have the LG combo unit non-vented. Works great just don't overload past about half full or everything comes out wrinkled. Takes about 2.5 hours wash to dry. We take out shirts and pants when still damp give a couple of good shakes and let dry on a hanger. Towels and anything else where wrinkles don't matter just let it run the full cycle. Why didn't I get the vented...this one was on sale for $900.00 and we don't full time yet. Still beats a laundry mat.:)
2003 Chevrolet C3500, CC, LB, Duramax/Allison
2015 Heartland BC 3950FB

rattleNsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
We have a vented Splendide stackable set and they work great! The key is to do laundry like voting....early and often.
2010 Cedar Creek 34SATS (The Beast) & 20k Curt Q20 roller slider hitch
2006 Ford F350 SRW,SC Powerstroke diesel Lariat

2003 Harley Heritage Softail (Hogzilla)
and a wifey with tons of patience....

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
As jnharley said, depends on how much room you have. We have had Splindid combination/vented and now we have Splindid side-by-side vented.

Pros and cons to both systems. The combo unit can be nice because you can put a load in and forget about it, no switching from washer to dryer. But they don't take a very big load.

The stackable, or side-by-side units are nice because you can get bigger loads in.

We have stuck with the Splindid brand mainly due to their unmatched customer service record.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

rmalik1
Explorer
Explorer
rmalik1 wrote:
some may make fun but we use this Panda Wash and Spin Dry; we fulltime and don't want to give up drawer space and also weight difference is great as our panda weights in at at 28 lbs. We have a laundry line that I built out of PVC that hangs from the ladder and if we are in a spot were it's frowned upon I put up command hooks in the shower. the panda does a nice small wash load and has a spin dryer which is smaller yet - but retired so time is not a problem and don't get dirty anyway.spin dryer almost dries complete but 10-30 mins on the line and it's dry! Cost me around $199.00 so that's also a big difference.
+ cost, space, weight
- smaller loads, have to hang cloths

no brain-er for us as we like line dried cloths smell and feel - we did it at the sticks and bricks when we had one

Had to jerry-rig it to attach water supply hose; bought two standard washing machine water inlet hoses , added a two into one y-gate, took old piece of rv water hose and attached female end and attached it to male end of y gate. voila!
2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30

rmalik1
Explorer
Explorer
some may make fun but we use this Panda Wash and Spin Dry; we fulltime and don't want to give up drawer space and also weight difference is great as our panda weights in at at 28 lbs. We have a laundry line that I built out of PVC that hangs from the ladder and if we are in a spot were it's frowned upon I put up command hooks in the shower. the panda does a nice small wash load and has a spin dryer which is smaller yet - but retired so time is not a problem and don't get dirty anyway.spin dryer almost dries complete but 10-30 mins on the line and it's dry! Cost me around $199.00 so that's also a big difference.
+ cost, space, weight
- smaller loads, have to hang cloths

no brain-er for us as we like line dried cloths smell and feel - we did it at the sticks and bricks when we had one
2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30

Nolan
Explorer
Explorer
Kenmore stackable. Vented. A little over ten years old.

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the room for a stackable set, would get them. We have Splendide stackables and they work well. Many RVers use the combo washer/dryer with great success. Those sorts of machines are very popular in Europe. The only combo brand that I know of is Splendide.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Splendide Combo Vented. Full time use since 2010. I would definitely get this one again.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Gsport
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for the Splendide combo, vented.. That's what we have

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a Whirlpool, next unit will have Splendide. Whirlpool says even though it is a unit designed for an RV, they will not service unit in RV. Owner has to remove from rig before they will service. We have vented and separate washer/dryer.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Splendidi here as well, DW loves it.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
Splendide Combo Vented works for us.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited